cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre - some confusion

jwheelhouse

Switch from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre - some confusion

So I'm in the process of switching from Sky Fibre to Plusnet and I'm getting contradicting information. I have an openreach modem (not a Sky Hub with VDSL modem)  The router setup guide says as I'm switching from another fibre provider an engineer will not be required to attend and that once I receive notification that my service is active I can simply plug the plusnet router into the openreach modem.
I had a text message telling me that my broadband would be live by midnight Saturday 28th June. On Friday 27th I had an email informing me that an engineer would be with me that day to install the service, no engineer attended (I wasn't expecting one as the router guide said it wouldn't be required) and then on Saturday my member centre was showing my service as live so I plugged the router in and it couldn't connect. I tried rebooting the Openreach modem and the plusnet router but it was still showing as Local Disconnect. I plugged my sky router back in and that connected fine so I left it for a day and tried again on the Sunday with the same result.
Called up on Sunday and was informed that an engineer would be visiting this Friday (first I had been notified of this!) as it was required for the install. I'm a little confused as to what should happen as from what I understand all that should be required is a reconfigure of the settings at the VDSL which can be done remotely. My Sky Fibre is terminating on Friday and I don't really want to be left without connectivity over the weekend.
Should I be expecting this engineer to turn up and what will they be doing?
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Switch from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre - some confusion

Hi jwheelhouse,
Welcome to the Forums.
I'm really sorry for any confusion caused regarding this. It seems your account has activated prior to the orders completing. Both your FTTC and phone are due to transfer over on the same day and this is 04/07/2014. The engineer will not be required to attend your property as you already have FTTC installed on the line.
jwheelhouse

Re: Switch from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre - some confusion

Hi Linn,
That's good to know. Thanks for the prompt response Smiley
Justin