cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from ADSL to 4G?

moley
Grafter

Switch from ADSL to 4G?

Has anyone switched from regular broadband/fibre over to 4G for their internet service provision?
Where I live, there is no cable, only ADSL.  I just moved house within the same town, but have been unhelpfully dumped from ADSL2 back to ADSL.  Am now waiting interminably for the 'upgrade' back to ADSL2, like I had in the old house.  (Come on Plusnet/BT, get your fingers out!)
BT has no plans to upgrade our exchange to fibre at all.
So at this rate, I reckon 4G might arrive first.  Has anyone made that switch?  Any drawbacks (maybe except the cost?)
Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Switch from ADSL to 4G?

Depends entirely what you use you broadband for.  Browsing and email may be OK. Any more than that and the limitations on how much you can download may prove a problem...
moley
Grafter

There are a few unlimited data options out there now, I've seen one 4G Sim deal where the fair use policy allows up to 1Tb/month!
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: moley
...1Tb/month!

1TB/month.
mikehiow
Grafter

There are a few unlimited data options out there now, I've seen one 4G Sim deal where the fair use policy allows up to 1Tb/month!

From who?
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: mikehiow

From who?

Three have truly unlimited data, but they haven't launched 4G yet (launches in December). On Three you really can download as much as you want.