cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Off interleaving

puddy
Grafter

Switch Off interleaving

I asked Plusnet to turn interleaving off on my neighbours broadband account and nothing been done since 1 st august
I thought this was an easy job to do  its been bounced from 1 member of staff/team even though the request/ticket had been raised in the interleaving zone when opening the ticket
Ticket id: 34491456
kevm1
8 REPLIES 8
MrT
Grafter

Re: Switch Off interleaving

Follow this link and you should be able to do it yourself (that's the impression it gives anyway)
https://portal.plus.net/my/account_maintenance/interleaving_control.html
Read what it says carefully first though!
puddy
Grafter

Tried that but all it tells you to do is raise a ticket
If you do want to have interleaving removed from your phone line please use the Help Assistant to raise a Question. Follow the path - My Broadband Connection > DSL Max Interleaving
Kevm1
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Interleaving's now off and the line is sync'd at 7744. The SNR margin is a tad high, so please reboot the router (just once) and hopefully it will resync at 8128kbps (if this is the case, ignore the SNR margin). If your neighbour doesn't resync at 8128 then go for the test socket if possible. The line has an attenuation of 3dB so should have no problems performing at maximum rates.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
The SNR margin is a tad high

Now I am really confused
For years plusnet have told me my snr was correct at 15db I have seen other customers have had theirs reduced to 6db, but when I asked I was told the snr is correct due to our Exchange being across the road from the house.  Yes the cable goes straight under the road and direct in to the exchange, I watched BT lay the cabling when the house was new 7 years ago.
All my internal phone wiring was done by BT in my house
Can you tell me what the snr should be?
At present mine 15 and my neighbours 15.5. seems its strange both snr being so close to each others, so it must be BT or Plusnet fault .  Its the same reading with a different reading

Puddy
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The SNR margin should be whatever it turns out to be. Once sync speed reaches 8128kbps it can't go any higher on ADSL1 so target SNR margin no longer controls sync speed. That means the actual SNR margin shown by the router stats will increase.
David
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: puddy
For years plusnet have told me my snr was correct at 15db I have seen other customers have had theirs reduced to 6db, but when I asked I was told the snr is correct due to our Exchange being across the road from the house.

And what you were told is correct, but you are a special case by being so close to the telephone exchange.  A high SNR is good thing, less noise problems.  The rest of us have to cope with a system that tries to give us just enough SNR that the line can just about cope with the noise.  SNR increases with line rate so this is done by ramping down the line sync rate until the SNR hits an acceptable level.  What Ben meant was just that your line was not quite synced at the maximum 8128 kbps.   
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
Interleaving's now off and the line is sync'd at 7744.

Switching the router off and using the dmt program the sync rate as not changed at all.  Error hec fec etc are going up a little which makes me think interleaving has not been turned off yet!
I wonder if the correct account was used its kevm1 account and not mine?
I would be grateful if someone from Plusnet can check interleaving has been switched off
Kind regards
Puddy on behalf of Kevin
Plusnet account to be checked= kevm1
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi Puddy,
I've just tested the account in question and both the DSLAM and the DLM are showing a profile with no interleaving (Fast).