cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Router

Si1969

Swapping Router

Hi all
Fairly new to Plusnet, so hello to everyone!
I'm currently using the supplied Plusnet Technicolour TG582N router for my broadband and wifi, and I've got to be honest, it works great. However, towards the end of my BT ADSL contract I purchased a TP Link N600 TD-W8980 ADSL router to try and fix my BT wifi issues (which I don't have any more with Plusnet).
Is it worth swapping routers, and am I likely to get any noticeable improvement in my download speeds, or improvement in wifi strength and  range?
Also, what are the logon details for my Plusnet account to enter into the TP Link router?
Thanks in advance!
Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Swapping Router

First question - suck it and see as it will all depend on your local circumstances
Second question http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi and welcome Plusnet and the forums.
It's personal preference on your router, I can't say whether you'll get an improvement on either on though.
Your Plusnet logon name on the router will be your username @plusdsl.net .
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Si1969

Wow, thanks for the quick replies!
With respect to Plusnet and NAT settings (for Xbox) could you possibly signpost me to information on that?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Welcome to the forums!
Try this for a starter - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135948.msg1192016.html#msg1192016

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.