cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap to Plus has lowered my speeds

kolazuk

Swap to Plus has lowered my speeds

Hi all,
I am hoping you can help me out. With my previous ISP I was touching on 5500kbps but for some reason I now only get 2449 Kbps according to the BT tester. Initially my account was set up with an incorrect phone number but this was remidied today.
Does anybody have any advise?
Many thanks,
Tom
3 REPLIES 3
crose
Dabbler

Re: Swap to Plus has lowered my speeds

What package are you on? I'm on PRO I have exactly the same problem as you. I raised a ticket 6 weeks ago and had a BT engineer visit today who confirmed my line was fine and said Plusnet are throttling my speed!  Maybe raise a ticket with them.
kolazuk

Just had a chat with Plus and everything looks ok their end but my IP profile (on the plus.net site) is still incorrect. They are re-synchronizing (or re mapping or re jigging or something similar) my connection which may help.
I've just been through a set of test involving turning router off/ on etc. and have to perform speed tests regularly for the next three days (to confirm the reconfiguration has worked). I shall keep updating!
Crose: I am using PRO. I don't believe plus are intentionally throttling the speeds, I have been with them (on another account) for some time elsewhere and theyve been perfect there.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kolazuk,
I can see that at present both the BT profile and the profile on our side are set to 3500, which matches your current sync rate of ~4600kb/s.
I can see you've raised a fault ticket however the questions have not yet been answered - if the issue is still apparent please return to http://faults.plus.net and continue through the wizard we'll be able to get this investigated in full for you.