cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surely there is something wrong here?

Mask
Dabbler

Surely there is something wrong here?

Every evening recently my internet has been slow. And I found the speed tester on here.
This is typical of the evening speeds.

Yet, earlier today it was fine, as below.

I'm on the original F9 account. At £14.99 a month.
I have no technical knowledge, just a middle aged housewife, so please no techie replies. I need to know if there's some particular reason for this, or if I need to report a fault somewhere.
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Surely there is something wrong here?

I have to suspect something nefarious is going on.
Can you advise which router you have and whether you use wireless connection to it
Also are you the only user in the house (i.e. only one computer and no iPhones etc,)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks as though you've hit the usage allowance on your account. Take a look here for the information regarding that: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/broadband_plus_archive.shtml#usage
You may find one of our newer products more suited to your usage needs? You can find them over at our website www.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mask
Dabbler

I've never been aware of a limit, it was always unlimited, but I'll check that, thanks.
[edit]
I find the info on my account confusing. However I do see that the new month starts on the 19th, so hopefully it'll pick up tomorrow, it's odd I've never noticed the limits before. I don't want to loose my email address, which is why I've stuck with he f9 account.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Changing account type won't affect your email address so it would be worth considering.
However from Chris's link your peak time is 4.00pm to midnight whereas the new products have it from 8.00am to midnight.
So if you use it a lot during the day you may be worse off
Note also the prices are quite a bit higher if you aren't in a Market 3 Area and with the new products when you reach the usage limit you either buy extra bandwidth or you can't use the internet at all
Mask
Dabbler

Thanks Oldjim, that's a language I can understand Smiley
I do use it a lot in the daytime, so, possibly a few slow evenings at the end of the month is worth putting up with. At least I now know what's causing it, and what date it'll start to improve again.