Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support

mikejbeech
Hooked

Support

Hi

i have DSL dropping out all the time and crackly phone. I cant get through to support on the phone, 45 minute wait, and also cant connect on live chat so well and truly stuck.

can someone pick this up and let support know cos if I have no service then little point staying really is there?

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Support

Hi Mike,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Yes the phone lines and chat are sometimes busy - you just have to wait your turn in the queue like everyone else ... or apply some self help.

EDIT: Clicked the wrong button...

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikejbeech
Hooked

OK, where do I start now I have come off the ceiling. 

The support lines are ALWAYS busy. I WORK IN THE DAY. I cant hang on a phone for 45 minutes to an hour because plusnet cant get their act together. I cant get on live chat at work as it keeps saying there is no agent available. SO I am scuppered.

Next, the phone line is with plusnet too. If it has a fault I NEED TO SPEAK WITH THEM to get it fixed.

Am I making myself clear? I do hope so.

BT have their faults but their service is good. Plusnet's is rubbish.

I came on here hoping someone would let support know I have a fault. Too much to ask?

Bye bye plusnet!!

To which some of you will say good riddance I am sure, loads more mugs in the sea.

mikejbeech
Hooked

BTW, the "button" takes me to a FAQ, does not report the fault. I give up.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Mike,

In the absence of you being able to make contact with support by whatever channel as is or is not convenient to you, there is a shelf help / self initiated line test facility ... which you can run from anywhere.  There is no 100% assurance it will find the fault, but it might move you forwards under YOUR control faster than getting a support contact by whatever other means.

This is not an official priority support channel, but it does give you access to other customer's and their extensive experience of dealing with problems around here.

PS: Our posts crossed - I am most grateful for the fact that my 'boiler-plate' help link's target content has been changed by Plusnet ... and that behind that the phone trouble shooter reports as being broken.  I will escalate this.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Request response

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Mike,

Further to your comment, I have been and looked at the phone trouble shooter pages.  The link to the actual trouble shooter is 'burried' in the "is it this, is it that" Q&As, however it would appear that one needs to be logged in (my guess work) for the trouble shooter to work correctly.  Looks as though this area has changed since the 'boiler plate' help was written.

Log in to the portal, then go to this link https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/ then go into (click on) anyone of the "fault" Qs, scroll to the bottom and click on the trouble shooter link for example...

If you don't hear a dial tone after you've done that, try using our phone troubleshooter to see if there's a problem at the exchange.

I will take a look at my helper text directly.  Hope this helps to move you forward.