Walneyite
Dabbler

Support time response

The support website claims the following:
Question Handling Statistics
Average closure time Target closure time
7 hours, 34 minutes and 12 seconds 8 hours
Last updated: August 16, 2007, 7:15 am
However looking over my last 3 calls it's apparent Plus Net are failing this. Whenever I log a fault via the webite I get at least a 22 hour wait until my first response. This  usually asks me to check something and report back or asks a stupid question. As I use a push mail service to a blackberry I'm told fairly quicky there is an update and within 5 minutes of my last fault update I had replied... That was just after 13:00 yesterday. So far my fault has 4 updates from me providing more information to help with a speedy resolution and 1 update from plus net asking "Is it just peak time ftp access?"
I've worked in the IT support industry now for 10 years dealing with large accounts (500,000+ users) we are constantly monitored on response times and customer updates. If PlusNet were in the real world of IT business with proper SLA's and customer support then they are falling very short of acceptable.
Are Plus Net getting so many calls in it takes nearly 24 hours to revisit tickets to see if there is any updates put on via the reporting client?
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Support time response

Hi there,
I understand that it's frustrating when faults occur, however the stats you have quoted are for ticket closure and not fault closure. The fault stats are currently:-
Connection Faults
When a customer reports a physical fault on their broadband connection, e.g. intermittent sync, we work with third parties such as the network supplier to fix the problem. Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear.
Connection faults statistics
Average closure time Target closure time
2 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes and 12 seconds 7 working days
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I'll go have a look at your ticket now and respond myself or give someone a nudge for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Walneyite
Dabbler

Thanks Chris... the blackberry just pinged with your update. If networks check the 2 plus net speed test this morning they'll see I'm only getting 130kbps results and that was at 7:15 this morning... I'm certain that is off peak time
Chris
Legend

I'll keep an eye on the ticket to make sure the response addresses the query for you.
Chris
Legend

One of my colleagues in the networks department has responded to your ticket, can you try a speed test again.