cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support ticket closed as can't connect via dial up

Billybc

Support ticket closed as can't connect via dial up

I've been getting very slow speeds and frequent drops. I went through all the troubleshooting steps but wasn't able to do the connect via dial up stage. I mentioned that when I raised the ticket and have now had an email saying ticket is closed as I haven't done it.

What do I do now? What about people who don't have a computer or ethernet port? How do they get to have issues resolved?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Support ticket closed as can't connect via dial up

Welcome to the forum. There's some confusion here. When you say connection via dial up do you mean you don't have a device with an Ethernet port? Consequently you can't test using an Ethernet cable between say a computer and your router? If so then it would help if you gave us the full story as your broadband connection might be fine and you have a wireless problem. Maybe we can help here but more detail is required.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Sorry to see there's an issue, we do ask for tests to be done over a network cable if there's a speed issue but it's not essential in some cases. 

Don't worry about the ticket as that's definitely still open, I'm testing your line now and will send a reply to it shortly. 

It's worth noting that the connection is dropping out fairly frequently which can have an effect on speeds so I'll keep that in mind: 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just added an update to your account, here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190156626 - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team