cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support system confusing, difficult to use and designed to prevent contact?

kcrussell
Dabbler

Support system confusing, difficult to use and designed to prevent contact?

In brief, just signed up with Plusnet. For the first week or so, all good, connection reliable and speeds reasonable (for my area).
Now my "broadband" connection is unusable (basically slower than the dial up I had 15 years ago - pages taking 1 or 2 minutes to load or failing completely). No changes have been made to my home setup.
Today I tried to report the problem via the Plusnet website (from work, because my home connection is unusable). I simply want to raise a support ticket for my problem, but I was unable to find a page where I can do this. Following the support links for broadband speed problems forced me into an extended troubleshooting questionnaire. Ultimately I was asked the following question:
"Our records show that your connection has dropped at least twice a day recently. When the connection drops, what happens? - A: the router broadband light flashes or B: the router broadband light does not flash".
I was not aware that my connection has dropped at any time, so I have no idea what the router lights are doing, and therefore I cannot answer this question correctly and proceed.
How can I report a problem?
4 REPLIES 4
niko
Grafter

Re: Support system confusing, difficult to use and designed to prevent contact?

answer ether of them
then in the comments box write the same as you have on this thread to explain
i do agree the questions should have a none of the above answer on them as well
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the feedback chaps,
@kcrussell I can see that ticket 53585717 is now open with us, our tests will have picked up that there are a number of disconnections seen against your line which is why it prompted that question.
Our faults team will be picking up on your ticket ASAP before getting back to you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kcrussell
Dabbler

Thank you.
I originally posted this in feedback because the thing I found frustrating was the process of trying to raise a ticket. My broadband service is not working correctly, but I understand this may take time to investigate and resolve. Not having a straightforward process to report the issue, however, is really annoying!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kcrussell,
It looks like you need to go back and finish answering the questions before it gets picked up.
Jojo Smiley