cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support staff - can anyone sort our broadband out??!!!

whely

Support staff - can anyone sort our broadband out??!!!

We we're 'activated' on the 7th and STILL are not able to connect to the internet, I've rang support so many times and have got no-where. The 2 test logins failed, so does our username / password combo.
Staff say they will ring us back within 24 hours with a solution...but you guessed it, NOTHING.
Apparently the issue is with the authentication at the exchnage with BT or something but we depserately need the internet up and running or we are going to have to cancel our contract and go elsewhere.

Can ANY staff members get this sorted for us please, we're not asking a lot here!
Thanks for your help.
Steven
Plusnet Username: Whely89
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Support staff - can anyone sort our broadband out??!!!

I'll look into this now and will be in touch ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI whely,
I've tried to call you on a few different numbers but got no reply. I will try again before I go home this evening.
Jojo Smiley
whely

Thanks for your replies, sorry if you have tried to call but I have to have my phone off at work. If you could call my mobile number tonight (ending: 844) or the landline (which ends: 255) we can hopefully get online very soon with your help.
Thanks guys sorry if I sound angry, I don't meant to be rude but I'm just a bit peeved now really and nothing seems to be happening.
Cheers,
Steven
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steven,
Unfortunately I finish at 5.30 so I won't be able to call you myself tonight, but I've explained your situation to one of the late shift managers and he's going to get someone to call you later. I've a pretty good idea what's going on so I'm quietly confident we can get it sorted for you.
Jojo Smiley
whely

Quote from: Joanne
Hi Steven,
Unfortunately I finish at 5.30 so I won't be able to call you myself tonight, but I've explained your situation to one of the late shift managers and he's going to get someone to call you later. I've a pretty good idea what's going on so I'm quietly confident we can get it sorted for you.
Jojo Smiley

Hi Jo, I appreciate you helping me out with this.
Hopefully it will get sorted tonight and I won't have to switch suppliers!
Cheers,
Steve
djlerner86
Dabbler

Hi,
I am having the same kind of problem as Steven and was hoping you could help me too please?
My line was connected on the 17th of Sept and I have been completely unable to connect to the internet through the Thomson gatweway.
Since the beginning I was adamant that the problem lay in my account details, but a combination of telephone technical services and question support staff think its down to the hardware.
The router I was originally sent me would not let me connect to the internet when I entered my username@plusdsl.net and my password stating an "authentication error", a friends spare router had the same issue, so I was sent a test router which had the same problem as the others!!
I think it must be what Steven mentioned..."authentication at the exchnage with BT" but so far no one from the Plusnet team has mentioned this.
Could someone help me please?
Thanks
Dan

Username: djlerner86
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@djlerner86,
I have now replied to your stand alone post regarding this matter.
Jojo Smiley