Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support request

gizmoguy
Hooked

Support request

Hi all,

We have been having regular dropouts of our internet over the last week.

I would like to open a support request / ticket but I couldn't find the form/wizard in the member's area.

SNR margin: 5

Loop attenuation: 11

Also, are there any tools I can use myself to gather additional line stats? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Support request

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@gizmoguy wrote:

Also, are there any tools I can use myself to gather additional line stats? Thanks.

Hi,

That very much depends on the router you are using.  Some work well with a number of monitoring tools, however the 2704n BT modem (as supplied by PN) does not.  At times it really does seem as though BT have deliberately made it difficult for end users to monitor the performance of BT delivered services ... less they be found wanting!

Before you get to the stage of doing detailed monitoring, there is loads of simpler stuff you should do - first go follow the advice in the speed issues topic (see the link below).

Check the quality of your phone line...

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Check out what your line is capable of delivering...

Please use the following links to check the services available and their estimated speeds. From the first link, please record and report back the distance from the exchange. The second link advises of which fibre services (if any) are available on your line and their anticipated speed.

Then gather the whole package of stats so that we can assess how your line is performing against expectations.

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

@ @CRT Can you post a VR plot please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I've attached a graph of your connection below.

image14920828533745

Our tests aren't showing any obvious causes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team