Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Staff - request for speed reset and ticket update

JayH
Dabbler

Support Staff - request for speed reset and ticket update

Hallo folks
This is all detailed in ticket #35891159
I've checked my connection today and it's been fine since yesterday morning: syncing at 8128/448. The download speed remains ~300kbps however.
Can you please do what's necessary your end, as I have a visit scheduled from BT on Saturday morning. I need to know if they still need to attend.
As it seems the line is now OK, I'm keen to avoid a massive bill from Openreach if they actually come out unnecessarily.
It would also be nice to have an update from your end Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Support Staff - request for speed reset and ticket update

Hi JayH,
Your BT & PN profiles are now back up to 7150, go into your router and disconnect then reconnect and you should see the difference.
Jojo Smiley
JayH
Dabbler

Hi Jojo
Thanks for your help, now up to 6129 for the first time in over a week  Smiley
I've done a disconnect/connect through the router interface, which has kept the DSL line up throughout.
Is it safe to do a power off reset? After gaining this speed back I don't want to accidentally signal to the DLM gubbins at the other end that there may be a line fault  Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JayH,
If you need to turn the power off just make sure you disconnect from the router interface before you unplug it.
Jojo Smiley
JayH
Dabbler

Ah, so the sequence should be:
1: Router interface - Disconnect (this drops the PPP link)
2: Switch off router, (or simply unplug the lead from the socket?)
If it's done in this order, is it a preferred and more graceful way of 'switching off' without making the exchange end think that there's a line fault?
A bit like shutting down Windows first then unplugging the PC  Cheesy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JayH
Yeah, it just lets the system know it was an intended disconnection.
Jojo Smiley
JayH
Dabbler

Great, thanks Jojo, that's a very useful and significant piece of information. It means that if I need to disconnect for reasons of swapping a router, or moving the hardware around I can do so without risking lowering my profile. It might be worth putting this nugget on one of your help pages for others to see.
As the line appears to be working now, can you confirm that you are happy with things at your end? If so, please cancel the visit by BT Openreach scheduled for tomorrow morning, so that this slot can be released for another user (and avoid the risk of a big bill for me!).
(I've put this on the ticket #35891159 as well, although that doesn't seemed to be responded to now).
Thx
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JayH,
Ok that's been cancelled now and your ticket will be updated then send back to you where it'll stay open for 14 days in case it re-occurs.
Jojo Smiley
JayH
Dabbler

Thanks Jojo, looking good so far, with no disconnections and only a handful of CR errors.
Incidentally, after I went over the 15GB monthly allowance recently, how soon was the cap removed? (I phoned and had an extra gig added for an extra quid in advance of the billing date, which was just a few days away).
thx
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI JayH,
Hopefully that's done the trick. The cap should have been lifted as soon as the agent added the extra usage.
Jojo Smiley