cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superfast availability?

zebop917

Superfast availability?

The Openreach website says that my phone exchange (Sowton, WWSOWT) is now accepting orders for superfast broadband. However, there's no hint of this actually yet being available through Plusnet. I guess this has at least something to do with the schedule of upgrading the street cabinets around here. Does anyone else have experience of how long it might be before superfast is actually available? Being stuck on ADSL with a maximum download speed around 4800 kbps is a bit annoying when I live in a city (Exeter) and surrounded by areas that have superfast access. Slow speeds aren't just a rural problem when you're served by a satellite exchange.
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Superfast availability?

what does it say for you number here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ ?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
The unrealistic situation is that if there not enough subscribers on the cabinet, it might never be upgraded. There are some pockets in central London which are unlikely to be upgraded.  Let's hope you will be lucky.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zebop917

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Capacity expected 30 May 2014
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 2.5 Up to 0.5 1 to 4 Capacity expected 30 May 2014
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available

Sorry that looks a bit garbled but shows I'm limited to ADSL 2+. Every time I whinge about this to PlusNet they suggest that my ADSL is doing better than expected so I should be happy.
x47c
Grafter

That's how it is
But join the crowd as @Townman says
Indeed my cabinet is not going to be done under BDUK - the area is listed as 'white' on the councils BB intervention maps
That's an official stance - it ain't happening - end of story
So that is no FTTC for me: not tomorrow, not by 2017 and probably not ever unless more funds are found from somewhere to pay for it.
Ironically I'm 100 yards from it!