cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super High Ping And Slow Internet Speeds.

Kflavell

Super High Ping And Slow Internet Speeds.

Hi, I've been a Plusnet customer since Sept 17. I'm on an ADSL package as that is the best you could offer in my area. As an online gamer I was worried that this would not provide a good enough ping to play multiplayer games. To my surprise up until 3 nights ago the connection has been perfect.

Unfortunately 3 nights ago I started to encounter issues where my ping would be extremely high whilst playing games to the point where the games would become unplayable. My connection speed can vary from the usual 7-9mbs whilst having a very high ping to other times being below 0.5 or too slow to even complete a speed test. As you can understand this is very frustrating for me. 

My pc is connected via ethernet (which I have troubleshooted with new cables) the issue seems to be mostly around 11.30pm to 4am (which is offpeak?) although I haven't been in during the day time recently to properly test the connection then. Devices connected via wifi are also running very slow at these times.

I have attached speed tests using the BTWholesale test tool and also one using Ookla Speed test connected to a York based server.

Thanks 
Karl

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

3 REPLIES 3
Kflavell

Re: Super High Ping And Slow Internet Speeds.

I've spoken to the support team this morning and there is apparently an issue with some of the automatic settings on my line. A line reset has been arranged so i'm hoping this fixes the issue.

hamid_m_h
Dabbler

sounds good, btw where your speeds constantly slow, or did it fluctuate (sometimes normal sometimes slow)? 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you've had issues.

Have the changes made any difference?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team