cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summarising BBYW Options

swt1963

Summarising BBYW Options

Apologies for creating a new post as this almost certainly has been covered elsewhere, but I'd like to clarify all the current options for people on BBYW following the new product announcement s and the subsequent "tweaking"
As I understand it the options for people who already have a BBYW product on a 1 month contract are:
1) Do nothing: Current pricing and 1 month term will remain.
2) Raise a ticket to change to another BBYW option: Pricing will change to current pricing for that optiion, 1 month term will remain
3) Use the following link to save £3/month on current product cost https://www.plus.net/save/index.php :  Pricing will reduce by £3/month for 12 months, then revert to normal price for that product. Contract term will change to a new 12 month term, and then back to monthly thereafter.
4) Do a combination of 2) followed by 3) : Pricing wil change to new BBYW option price discounted by £3/month for 12 months.  Contract term will change to a new 12 month term, and then back to monthly thereafter.
5) Move to one of the new "unlimited" options with a 12 month term:   Price will change to new option price, with pricing dependent on the market area you're in, with a 3 month discount for those in the more expensive areas.  No new hardware included.  More throttling than with the BBYW products
6) Move to one of the new "unlimited" options with an 18 month term:   Price will change to new option price, with pricing dependent on the market area you're in, with a 3 month discount for those in the more expensive areas.  New router hardware included. More throttling than with the BBYW products

Have I understood this correctly?  Are there any other options out there at present?  Are there any traps other than tighter throttling or 12 and 18 month contract lengths?
Maybe one of the Plusnet reps could reply with a yes or no to each of the options above?  This will help me (and hopefully others) make a reasoned choice.
41 REPLIES 41
James
Grafter

Re: Summarising BBYW Options

1) Do nothing:  Current pricing and 1 month term will remain.
- Correct.
2) Raise a ticket to change to another BBYW option: Pricing will change to current pricing for that optiion, 1 month term will remain
- Correct.
3) Use the following link to save £3/month on current product cost https://www.plus.net/save/index.php :  Pricing will reduce by £3/month for 12 months, then revert to normal price for that product. Contract term will change to a new 12 month term, and then back to monthly thereafter.
- Correct, although we're having to do this manually at the moment.
4) Do a combination of 2) followed by 3) : Pricing wil change to new BBYW option price discounted by £3/month for 12 months.  Contract term will change to a new 12 month term, and then back to monthly thereafter.
- Correct.
5) Move to one of the new "unlimited" options with a 12 month term:   Price will change to new option price, with pricing dependent on the market area you're in, with a 3 month discount for those in the more expensive areas.  No new hardware included.  More throttling than with the BBYW products
- Correct to an extent.  The experience on Unlimited should be better than on BBYW Option 1.
6) Move to one of the new "unlimited" options with an 18 month term:   Price will change to new option price, with pricing dependent on the market area you're in, with a 3 month discount for those in the more expensive areas.  New router hardware included. More throttling than with the BBYW products.
- Correct and there is also a free house move included.
swt1963

Thanks for your very useful and speedy response!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: swt1963
Are there any traps other than tighter throttling or 12 and 18 month contract lengths?

This question was unanswered.
James
Grafter

Sorry - I didn't see that one.
The differences are extended contracts and differing rate limitations.
There's no reasons not to sign up if you're okay with the above.
jack21
Grafter

Having read James reply re the initial posting, could you confirm that as I'm a BBYW Option 1 subscriber, on a monthly contract but with a deferred contract re activation+hardware which expires next month, I should be able to :
1) Do nothing and stay on BBYW 1 on a monthly contract at the existing price.
or
2) At expiry of the deferred contact, ask for the £3 pm saving and move to a 12 month contract.
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hi Jack,
That sounds perfectly, reasonable, yes.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: alanf
Are there any traps other than tighter throttling or 12 and 18 month contract lengths?

This question was unanswered.

Remember that you will only carry forward those "Value Added Services" such as webspace, CGI etc. that you are currently using. If you think you will need any such services in the future, then it is best to activate these before changing to the new products.
godsell4
Rising Star

Are there any traps ...

Is your exchange a Market3 exchange this will affect the price you pay for PN Value or Unlimited? See http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ to find out.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Jameseh.
A couple of  "traps" that occurred to me:

• Having moved, future changes of product are also likely to mean new contracts of 12months+ whereas moves within BBYW would continue to be available keeping one month contracts.

• On this occasion Plusnet has allowed existing customers to keep any extras that they previously enjoyed when moving to the new products (domain names, webspace etc.) Is there any guarantee that customers will be able to keep these extras on moving to future products?

swt1963 mentions 'Move to one of the new "unlimited" options'. There are new options of which "Unlimited" is just one.  Value and Pro are also available.
Please may we have one or more pages on the Plusnet site summarising (prices & specifications) the products that are still on offer to existing customers only.  Otherwise we won't know what the BBYW options are. For example I saw mentioned BBYW Pro which it seems is different to Plusnet Pro.
James
Grafter

Hi Alan,
If you go to the main Plusnet page and search for "Broadband Your Way", the first result is an archive of the Broadband Your Way products.
Regarding your first point - only downgrades will require a new contract.  Any upgrades would remain on the existing product term.
Secondly, the ability to maintain value added services is not something that we plan to remove.
hulls
Grafter

Can someone confirm whether or not the £3 reduction offer is still open, and how (or for that matter if) I would be eligible?
John
James
Grafter

It's still on the website:
https://www.plus.net/save/index.php
hulls
Grafter

Was that a response record? 47 seconds!!!  Shocked
OK  That answers the first bit.  But I got a new router a couple of months ago, so does that mean that I'm not eligible?
John
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Thanks again Jameseh. That was what I wanted. The page is now bookmarked. I still think that it should be possible to reach it from a link rather than searching.(sorry, I have just found one)
On reading the summary I was reminded that BBYW products (except Option 1) include a number of Broadband Phone minutes each month. (not something that I have used or foresee using).  I have not seen this mentioned with regard to moving to new products. Would these too be a retained extra?