cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sugestions Please

sallyjameson

Sugestions Please

Hi All,
Firstly I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but here goes.
I've been shopping around for BB and phone since my BT fixed term expired.  I am paying £11.50 or so line rental and £15.99 for a capped 10GB BB monthly use.
PlusNet was top of the price pops on moneysavingexpert, so I thought I would give it a shot.  Due to my exchange being an issue, I'm paying slightly higher costs, but have gone for the basic package which has the same caps as BT.
My useage is mainly e-mails and some internet shopping, via desktop and laptop.  I occasionally play online with the PS3, but don't download loads of files or music.  I very rarely go over the BT 10GB cap, but note that the plusnet excess charges are reasonable to cover this.
The reason I write (and ask your opinion) is due to me finding this forum and reading though the pro's and con's of the PlusNet service.  Some users appear to have suffered terrible lag on the PS3, which would make the service pointless to me.
Can anyone advise if my service will be stable and lag free, before it's too late??!! (I've only applied online today).

thanks in advance  Crazy
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Sugestions Please

not a gamer, but If I was you I would phone up PN at 0114296 5183 and delay that until you have made your mind up, as several people have had a job stopping the change recently
Welcome to the Forums.
As You will see from my Sig, I have been here a long time and I am Happy with PN
Addnan
Grafter

On my Xbox I have never had a problem gaming with Plusnet. I can play without lag at anytime. The PS3 is another story. For me anyway games seems to lag a lot during peak times. This isn't a PS3 issue, because it worked fine before I moved ISP's.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I generally have no problems gaming on a PS3 but I am on BBYW Option 3.
Value does have restrictions imposed on it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Gaming is rate limited on Value, as Strat as pointed out, but that won't affect your ping as the traffic is still prioritised.
There have been issues recently, but they've been game-specific, and now seem fine, so I wouldn't worry. Smiley
sallyjameson

Thanks for the replies, I'll wait and see