cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sugestion: Simply change to invoicing on portal

Username
Grafter

Sugestion: Simply change to invoicing on portal

Having been with PlusNet for several years my list of invoices is rather long. So my suggestion simply is -
List invoices in reverse date
This way the one I need to access with be at the top of the list, and when you manage several accounts scrolling down becomes a pain.

Roll on the day when pdf invoices are send by email - but that's a whole different subject! Until then how about the above suggestion PlusNet?
25 REPLIES 25
James
Grafter

Re: Sugestion: Simply change to invoicing on portal

Hi there,
If it hasn't been done already, then I would strongly advise raising this in PUGIT.
http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit
I suspect it may have already been raised though.
Username
Grafter

Thanks - that's the link I was looking for...
BTW: There's no www in it  Grin
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

We don't have a www, usergroup is a sub-domain on the plus.net TLD just like www.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There already is a PUGIT for the PDF invoice issue.  Details are as follows:
PUGIT Issue 27 PDF Invoice Sent by Email
Item link here.
Comment topic link here.
This item has 38 votes; PlusNet commented on 10 Oct 07 "it's a definite in terms of wanting to do it - I see the vote count is growing. More votes will help priority!"  So get voting!
Edit: to clarify that the first line refers to PDF Invoices and to add:
As far as the suggested stop-gap solution is concerned do others share the original poster's "pain"?
David
Ianwild
Grafter

Why is "List invoices in reverse date" the same as PDF Invoices by email Spraxy?
We are currently going through an exercise of prioritising the many hundreds of feature requests we have in a way we never have before. This should stop the 'big ticket' items from continually diverting us from these sorts of simple tasks longer term. We still need more help in terms of voting to define prioritisation though.
Expect to see more about this process in the coming months...
Ian
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: Ian
Why is "List invoices in reverse date" the same as PDF Invoices by email Spraxy?

Quote from: Username
Roll on the day when pdf invoices are send by email - but that's a whole different subject! Until then how about the above suggestion PlusNet?

The second quote is from the original post; PDF invoices seems clearly to be what the OP would really like.  So raising another one for the stop-gap solution did not seem constructive.  Perhaps I could have made my post clearer and I will edit it to do so.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm not that bothered about the pdf invoices as printing them from the portal serves my purposes. Having to scroll to the bottom every time does p..s me off!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Ok, that shows support for listing invoices in reverse date order, I've raised a new PUGIT for this:
PUGIT Issue 375 List invoices in reverse date order
Item link here.
Comment link here.
Please display the item and add your vote to show support.
David
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I would like to see this too. With me bean Dyslexic.    Wink
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Both the invoice sort order and the PDF request was raised many times over on the old Discussion Forums.  I raised the sort order myself a few years ago.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25821&highlight=
....and PDF issue.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10949&highlight=pdf+invoice
Username
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
PDF invoices seems clearly to be what the OP would really like.  So raising another one for the stop-gap solution did not seem constructive.
Yes PDF invoices would be great, but I can imagine the extra work load required to make this happen, as in interim step how about Reverse Order - this I would have thought would require a very minor change...
Original_Design
Grafter

Re PDF invoices - I got 2 of these for my July and August usage - Plusnet branded, even though I'm on MN.
Discussed in this tread from late July in the old MN forum :- http://portal.metronet.co.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1025
so it would seem that some work was being done on the subject.
Raised a ticket as requested but I had no reply from PN/MN why it had happened. Got another PDF proforma in August but not in Sept. I still have the attachments if anyone's interested.
I generate large numbers of PDF's and these are quite big for what they are - 1mb plus. I wouldn't expect this type of thing to come out at more than about 50k.
If PN were looking at sending out pdf invoices to everyone (@1mb a time!) that's quite a bit of bandwidth . . . Wink
Looking into the details, both pdfs were authored by Phil Richardson on 07/03/07 using Illustrator CS2.
Alastair
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Original

I wouldn't expect this type of thing to come out at more than about 50k.

I've just gone to my latest invoice and viewed the printable version, then printed it using PDFCreator (free software from SourceForge) to turn the invoice in to a PDF. It was 8K
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Original_Design
Grafter

I've just opened the PDF in Illustrator and re-distilled it, it comes out at 217k.
I though maybe the PN logo was a bitmap or tiff image which would push the size up, but the logo is a vector.
Re-saving it as a vector file pushes the size up to 760k. Very strange - don't see anything on it that would make it so big.
I can get it down to 130k with some fiddling in Indesign, but it still shouildn't be that big.
Interestingly, there's a box on the bottom that states:-
Please return this invoice when sending
your payment, and enter on the reverse
of your cheque your username and
postcode

Just weird Huh
A