Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suffering dropouts after rain

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Suffering dropouts after rain

Hi people I know it’s the Easter weekend so don’t expect a quick reply or fix but just to report we have had rain here today (South Dorset) and low and behold our broadband is suffering dropouts.
Have done a quiet line test and there is the usual ‘frying bacon’ noise on the line so one assumes the water has got into the connections again. We do have a connection even if somewhat intermittent so it’s not high on the scale of ‘fix it now’ problems but if someone could do a line test and confirm my findings it would be appreciated. I can then go through the ticket system if you wish.
We have both broadband and phone with yourselves and just for info we have had a straight 39 days of uninterrupted connection until today, pretty good for our line.
So Happy Easter (even if a bit late), regards P.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Suffering dropouts after rain

Hi Pendragon,
Are you by any chance in Tintagial.  Saw a PN wifi service there when recently on holiday in the Arms for a week.
Given that you have all services from PN and you have a noisy line, I suggest you raise a fault report here - http://faults.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Suffering dropouts after rain

@Townman
Wish I was, no sorry I’m East of Dorchester in one of the rural backwaters with an underground line that’s nearly 40 years old and made with connections that would make a grown man cry.
I have some lovely pictures of the holes they dug and the bodge they made years ago when it took Openreach 6 months to fix my connection.
Saga sort of went, contractors would come and dig hole to expose cables, Openreach would come and fix cable, contractors would fill in hole and sever cable again, repeat as required until they build a concrete access box to finally fix the problem
So as they say, ‘been there and got the T shirt’, thanks for the reply I will raise a ticket but often it’s just as quick to get a staff member to do a quick test from the forum so I don’t bother them to much.