cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suffering constant disconnects and random outages.

Ferrosol

Suffering constant disconnects and random outages.

Had some problems with my connection a few months back and Plusnet switched on interleaving which seemed to have steadied the connection. But since about Saturday evening I've been having random disconnects as near as I can tell there is no pattern to them and it seems similar to the old problem with it. could someone take a look and see if they can find the cause?
3 REPLIES 3
Dmitchell
Grafter

Re: Suffering constant disconnects and random outages.

Good evening Ferrosol.
I've had a quick look at your connection and as you say, it's dropping quite frequently and seems to have started on Sunday.

Have you made any changes to your setup at all? Has the weather been wet since Sunday? There's definitely something going off on your line there.
I'd recommend running through the faults wizard here so we can take a look further.
Ferrosol

No changes to my software or hardware that I know of. We have had some rain since sunday but nothing I'd call particularly torrential. I've tried to run through the automated fault checker a few times now but my connection has a tendency to crash in the middle of it. The problem is my connection is intermittent but a lot of the questions assume it is either off or on. The one diagnosis I did get off it suggested it might be a fault with the wiring.
Dmitchell
Grafter

Sorry you've had problems getting it raised. I've just had another look and it looks like you've managed to complete the fault checked to the end and it's now created ticket 74717418.
Leave it with us and someone from our faults department will test the line and be in touch.