cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly support giving me BS

deadman2020
Grafter

Suddenly support giving me BS

My line speed keeps going up and down like a lady of the nights knickers!
I spoke to support last week and they had someone look into it. They said there was a fault. But after a couple of days I saw my f8lure graph ping times go down again and manually reset the modem to get my speed back. Something the modem/cabinet should adjust automatically and immediately (it doesn't). But after a week my speed has gone back down and interleaving is back on. Support just say everything is hunky dory.
IT IS NOT!
Again this weekend my speed has been reduced and interleaving is on causing high pings. I just rang support and now they are stringing me a line that because the BTO speedtest gives me an estimated speed for my line I am within tolerances and there is no fault with my line.
So I go from an initial speed of 67/18 with low pings of 6-7ms to 53/13 and pings above 30ms?
Support then has the nerve to tell me there is no interleaving on fibre (true there is not but there is from the cabinet to me!)
I'm suddenly having to argue about the speed I was able to get against what I am currently getting.
I also have a beef about the modem not updating the speed immediately after interleaving is switched off. I have to wait until the interleaving switches off using a f8lure ping test graph and then reset the modem to get my speed back.
This sucks!
Can a member of staff please look at my ticket 71088603 as I don't find this a satisfactory answer.
Sorry if this sound impolite but I hate being fobbed off with excuses or when the person is clearly talking nonsense either through lack of knowledge or just could not care the least.
7 REPLIES 7
bradw
Grafter

Re: Suddenly support giving me BS

How long does it take for interleaving on your line to disappear? Also wanting rid of it.
As for your concerns, I'm sure you'll be taken care of tomorrow.
syates
Grafter

Quote from: deadman2020
... just could not care the least.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Plusnet support.  For the last Ten months my line has been dropping  more than once a day on average and producing lag spikes like you would not imagine, but since "there is no fault on my line" and the drops "are within acceptable parameters" the seem to be incapable of doing anything.
You would think BT were the customer here and Plusnet wouldn't want to bother them!
Good Luck getting an answer mate and don't let them off the hook on this one.. remember they promise to "do you proud" (tries hard not to laugh)
thomasjc1
Grafter

Well all I can say is if you think support it rubbish here then you want to try other ISP 's. I can't say to much as only had to deal with support at the ordering process and they were brilliant and very apologetic, I have been with them since march and had 73-75mb ever since brilliant.
Plusnet will get it sorted for you
syates
Grafter

well, since it was at the ordering process (i.e. when you are going to give them money) I'm not surprised they were good Tongue
When you get a line problem, then don't expect them to look after you.. the paying customer, over and above their "supplier" (or parent company as it is known in other circles) BT.
I've been with then a lot longer than the 4 months you have and when things are working well, they do work well.  Trouble is when things are not working well, then you get fobbed off with excuses if it isn;t a quick and easy fix.
thomasjc1
Grafter

Yea that's fair enough mate I can't comment on that I can only comment what I read on here and alot of people get it sorted. Hopefully yours will get sorted
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@deadman2020
Our faults team are currently checking over your connection, they'll respond to you ASAP.
@syates
I can see that your fault has been ongoing, I'm going to catch up with Jonathan regarding this.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@syates
We'll be in-touch soon to arrange an engineer appointment with you.