Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly no connection possible

sts
Dabbler

Suddenly no connection possible

Hi,
my Broadband ran smoothly until this morning. Now the Router cant connect anymore.
Nothing has changed it just stopped working...why?
cheers
16 REPLIES 16
sts
Dabbler

Re: Suddenly no connection possible

switched the Router on and off this morning, still not working...
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

From what you have said, I can only say:
- something must have changed, as you no longer have an internet connection
- most devices work better if you turn them off and then on to reboot  Shocked
My crystal ball sub has expired, so can you provide the following (and any other relevant) information:
- fibre or ADSL
- router (modem-router) model
- indicator states (on/off/colour etc)
- does your modem sync
- is your phone working correctly on the line
- have you had a power fail/drop-out
- what filtering do you have; have you tried changing filters
For ADSL, it is always useful to have a low cost backup modem-router - assuming you can afford it (eg a TP-Link TD8816 is £10.33 from Amazon and ebay can provide low cost alternatives)
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi sts,
Really sorry to hear that you've lost connection. Could you provide the information that PeeGee has mentioned above so that we can assist you further?
sts
Dabbler

Hi
I am using the adsl modem which came from plusnet 8 weeks ago( technicolor).
the broadband LED on the router blinks.
I dont know what 'does your modem sync' means
Dont have a phone to test the line
dont think there was a power drop out
What do you mean with filters?
will check the model of the router later and let you know.
In the beginning there was a problem where an engineer had to come...hope it doesnt have something to do with that.
thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If the broadband light is flashing green, that shows us that there's something on the line between your premises and Local Exchange that's now allowing the router to synchronise (this is needed to get a broadband connection).
I would advise swapping the <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/microfilters-how-and-why.shtml">Microfilter</a> over and if the broadband light continues to flash, to try connecting your router into your <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml">Test Socket</a>.
If the broadband light continues to flash, I would raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net so our Faults Team can look at this in more detail for you.
sts
Dabbler

ok thanks, I raised a fault ticket after doing the things you recommended.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great, although I can see that the Broadband Fault Checker hasn't been completed all the way to the end - can you ensure you visit http://faults.plus.net and complete this so that our Faults Team can pick this up for you?
sts
Dabbler

As I dont have a phone I cant really complete the question about it and I dont want to buy one just to test the line.It seems to be somewhat of the same issue  which I had at the activation. Is it possible to proceed without that question? It worked before and we solced the issue, also I dont really want to wait again weeks for a solution.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since you don't have the means to do this test I suggest answering "no" (or whatever negative option is provided) to complete this step. Then press on, ignoring any warnings for now.
When you get to the last question you will be given a text box to complete with additional information. Explain in there why you haven't done the phone test and submit the report.
That will enable tests to start. If the faults team identify a fault needing a phone test they will get in touch with you before calling an engineer (and risking a charge).
David
sts
Dabbler

Ok thanks, I received a text saying that Openreach will look into on the 14th November. I hope they read that I actually have no phone.....
Quite a long time to wait for things to come back to work...seems I live in a place where the broadband is  a hard thing to get.
sts
Dabbler

I received a call from an engineer standing in front of my doors today, but the appointment should be the 14th. Could I get a confirmation please, that there will be somebody coming on the 14th?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The original estimated repair time was the 14th this was originally due to be repaired without an engineer visit, however the engineer that called you yesterday carried out work externally and now an appointment is needed.
I've booked this in for the 14th 8am -1pm, I hope this is ok?
sts
Dabbler

yes that is fine, thank you.
redsetter
Grafter

sometimes i have trouble with login's and have to run downstairs to reset the router.