Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly broadband very slow

FIXED
IanSn
Rising Star

Re: Suddenly broadband very slow

Sorry, I missed this post and replied to an earlier one.

Yes, fine to arrange an engineer. Afternoon would be best.

Thanks,

ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cool. I've arranged the engineer for tomorrow afternoon 1pm to 6pm.

Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IanSn
Rising Star

Great. Will the engineer need to get to the router? If so I'll have to clear some space!

ian

P.S.  I mentioned in previous post (which seems to have disappeared) that I had a call and email this morning and there is a ticket open - 225268724. Just so there's no confusion with that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the heads up, I've updated the ticket with the details of this forum thread. 

The engineer may need to get to the router, but more likely need the master socket. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi Ian,

Looks like the engineer's fixed the problem at the exchange and our tests are now all passing. 

Let me know how your connection looks over the next couple of days. Fingers crossed at a stable, good speed! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IanSn
Rising Star

Yes, indeed! All went well, Called me an hour before to let me know he was coming. Very cheery.

Looking good, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks to all involved for your help.

Now all I have to do is remember how to set up a connection to PlusNet on the Surface Pro as it seems to have forgotten everything!?

ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, glad to see that!

I can't help with your Surface Pro woes as I'm an Apple fanboy, but Google or the Community may be able to help. Smiley

[edit]

If you'd like to pass your thanks onto the engineer, I'd recommend leaving feedback for Openreach by going here https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/thank-an-engineer-form as I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IanSn
Rising Star

Will do thanks.

The iPad came back on straight away. Surface - duh, internet, wa dat?

EDIT

Openreach site says please allow cookies to see form. I'm not blocking their cookies and there's no option to accept them... Weird.