Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden instable connection

greshoff
Grafter

Sudden instable connection

Hello,

My internet connection has suddenly started suffering from multiple disconnects making it almost unusable. Done the quiet line test and no noise on line & the master socket test and checked micro filters. Can a staff member have a look at my liune please. Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Sudden instable connection

@greshoff 

If you've done the tests then report a fault on https://faults.plus.net

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

greshoff
Grafter

Connection seems to have stabilized for now

radtw78

I also suffered something similar today.

In the morning first I noticed speed became slower, thinking it's no big deal.

Then it kept going from bad to worse, ASDL keep connecting / disconnecting and no useable internet for about 6 hours.

I called customer service and advisor can see records shows my internet keep getting connected/disconnected but could not find the reason to explain why this happened.

Tried master socket/test socket, change micro-filters, checking dial tones, nothing helps.

The advisor was going to book a openreach engineer, and reading the "charging statement" on the phone to me:

"if the enigneer found no fault with phone line then I will be charged £65" then I asked to hold this booking off.

As far as I see, there is dialing tone, no obvious noise, my mobile phone calling my landline phone works, nothing suggests phone line has fault. I suppose if an engineer does visit, I will be told no fault found and charged £65.

Then mysteriously after around 3.30pm, ADSL connection became stable again and no more self-disconnecting. 

I moved it back to usual phone socket and ADSL connection is still fine, showing this is not a problem of master socket / test socket. The reason of discrupted service for about 6 hours is still unknown.

I had a video interview scheduled at noon but was unable to proceed due to no internet connection, and reason is still not found. I am quite annoyed with this experience and worry it will come back again and ruin something else.

greshoff
Grafter

Your situation sounds very similar to wine although yours seems to have lasted longer than mine. Still it was very frustrating and I hope that it doesn't happen again