cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden high pings this afternoon, anyone else affected?

MikeAK
Dabbler

Sudden high pings this afternoon, anyone else affected?

Hi,
Suddenly at about 16:00 today my pings became very high, frequently over 1000ms
Just wondering if anyone else is affected or if there are network issues (nothing on PlusNet status page)
Rebooted modem/router but this has made no difference.
Thanks
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
SpiritualBeggar
Grafter

Re: Sudden high pings this afternoon, anyone else affected?

These have been my readings since the 28th Aug, something must be up. Im aware of the outage but since re-connection, things havent improved, any idea Plusnet?
Also my connection speed has gradually dropped from 72Mb to the current 59Mb.
28th Aug 14

29th Aug 14

30th Aug 14

31st Aug 14

1st Sep 14

2nd Sep 14

3rd Sep 14

4th Sep 14

karlos103
Grafter

Since last friday I have been having a lot of issues with speed...and disconnects but was told that this was due to the outage at weekend ,but things are still not any better , was at around 71 meg download week before then after outage it dropped to 57… .then went back up a bit yesterday to 62 ish… .now this morn it was disconnected at 6am… then reconnected itself and now down even more( by what homehub 5 says in helpdesk tab ) … even though connected I could not get a connection on speedtest.net… so left it till get home .
There is a lot a maintainance going on with bt so guessing this is why we are having all the issues… .hopefully lol
Yesterday when got home I was getting speeds of 1 meg… .so disconnected then reconnected and speeds were back up… thought maybe my new homehub 5 type B playing up but guess disconnecting then reconnecting was pointing to gateway issue… not router issue .
MikeAK
Dabbler

Hi again,
Well the terrible pings seemed to resolve themselves last night at about 22:00. See TBB ping graph below.
Pings are still in general not very good in general though although this was the case before last nights massive increase.

Looking at the graphs the other posters have provided my pings seem quite poor!
Regards
Mike