cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in speed

Iain03
Grafter

Sudden drop in speed

Some time in july we had a power cut in fact two or there in a few days ever since then the speed has been about half what it was before(my line is 80/20 very stable),
I have given it plenty of time to stabilize but the speed has stayed about 44 meg but my bt IP Profile is - 77.44 Mbps can you have a look please .
Thanks Iain
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Sudden drop in speed

Hi there,
I'd definitely agree that the connection is nice and stable now, however I can see according to diagnostics that the 40mb profile seems to be in place on BTs systems so we'd have to go through the faults process to get that sorted for you.
Please head to http://faults.plus.net to raise that and bear with us whilst we get that reported for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Iain03
Grafter

Hi Adam
The fault checker is reporting the wrong phone number for my line,a few weeks ago i had an email from plusnet saying they were going to change my phone number it was sent by mistake as there would be no reason for me to change it, i wonder if that has something to do with it how do i get the right number into the fault checker.
Thank's Iain
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, sorry, we'd not updated that on your account. I've just done that so the fault checker should work fine now.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Iain03
Grafter

Thank's very much to Richard link:csa removed
My speed is back up near to what i used to have the problem was ( just in case anyone was wondering an anomaly on the configuration of your circuit on our network layer) it's good that plusnet have people who really know what they are doing, I have nothing but good things to say about plusnet support they have always been good you just have to give them a bit off time to do their job.
Thank's again Richard every one at home is happy again  
adie:red removed CSA name as per link:rules
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear, I'll be sure to pass your thanks on to Richard.