cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in download speed this month?

lebonst

Sudden drop in download speed this month?

Did a speedtest today since my internet has been running slow all this month, while on youtube and downloading. The download speed  of 3Mbps which I was previously getting is now reaching just 1Mbps if not lower?Huh
No change in upload speed though... It's been running great since I got this upgrade on fibre a few months ago! But now the speed has dropped, a lot..
If someone could help me out and find the reason of the reduced speeds that would be great!  Sad
Many thanks!
Lewis

5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Sudden drop in download speed this month?

Hi Lewis,
So we can see the status of your line, could you please visit http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html and post your full router stats please?
lebonst

I don't have any router stats available because I have both modem and wireless hooked up separately. If I'm right?
Speed test results:
Download Speed : 3.55Mbps
Upload Speed: 3.72Mbps
Ping Latency: 31.38Ms
Current Line Speed: 40Mb
Ok I was wrong about the speed sorry. But it's so slow compared to what it was before.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Lebonst,
Can you get your full modem stats please?  If you are not using the TG582n supplied by PlusNet, then the data collection thread referenced above has a link to a website to advise you how to get the FULL stats from many of the popular routers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It would appear that the OP is on a FTTC connection (with a very poor speed) so will not have access to the modem stats, ( unless it has been unlocked!)
I think a speed fault needs to be raised. Undecided
DanHodby
Grafter

Morning lebonst,
I'm having difficulting testing your line as the modem is showing as switched off. Can you please raise a fault here so we can look into it for you.
Many thanks
Dan