cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden connection failure.

AndyEarland

Sudden connection failure.

Came home from work Thursday evening to find the red light on on my d-link router and the internet not working (have been with plusnet one month...connection brilliant, up to 10mps). Phoned plusnet, went through all the troubleshooting steps (changing filter, test logins, different router etc.) but all to no avail. After 72 hours and many phone calls the faults team got back to me to say they had found an "Authentication Fault" and that the earliest date for a BT Engineer to try and fix the problem is the 11th Feb (2 weeks away).
I have no idea exactly what the fault is or whose fault it is. Immenesly frustrated as I rely heavily on the internet for work committments, which won't be met for a good two weeks and disappointed as I will still be expected to pay for the whole month when it is impossible for me to use the internet for half of it.
Wondered if anyone has any advice or experienced an "Authentication Fault" and knows how long such a fault might take to get fixed?
Also, could this fault be linked to the fact that my billing date was on the 29th Jan (today) and prior to this, I changed my package from Basic to the Extra package to take effect in February?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Andy