Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden complete loss of internet

FIXED
Rolo0207
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Sudden complete loss of internet

As of around 5pm I have had a complete loss of internet. My modem is sitting on trying to connect.
I have tried another spare modem and no luck.
It feels like it's some sort of authentication issue, but nothing has changed at my end.
Anyone got any ideas I can try?
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Sudden complete loss of internet

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rolo0207
Dabbler

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I had checked the phone line. I also just did the quiet line test and all seems AOK with the phone line.

Rolo0207
Dabbler

Fix
I followed the troubleshooter, and doing the bt test user and going back to my own login seemed to fix it, Even though I had re-entered username and password a couple of times. Hey ho..