cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription renewal question: "your account has been partially disabled"

BertCoules
Grafter

Subscription renewal question: "your account has been partially disabled"

Due (apparently) to a mix-up with my stored credit card details, my monthly sub renewal - due today - was not successful.  I received an email (well, two emails, since PlusNet sends me everything in duplicate for some reason) saying that if I didn't sort it out within fourteen days, "your account will be fully disabled".  (My emphasis)
I've now entered new card details and paid the sub.  Following the acceptance of the payment I was advised to disconnect and reconnect from the internet "in order to restore full access" (quoted from memory).
Is this really necessary?  What aspects of my access have been disabled, that they need to be restored?  I can see nothing obvious, and a Namesco speed check returned figures that are in the usual range, specifically 1870/266 kbps,  My connection isn't always the most stable and I'm reluctant to reset things if it isn't really necessary.
Many thanks.
Bert
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Subscription renewal question: "your account has been partially disabled"

Hi Bert,
You shouldn't need to reset anything. The message says that because some account types, the older ones IIRC, are moved to a different profile on the ellacoyas so would need the connection reset to change them back to normal. In your case though you should be fine.
Hope that helps,
BertCoules
Grafter

Matt,
Thanks for the reply; yes, that's perfectly clear, at least it is if I quickly pass over the matter of what on earth the "ellacoyas" is.
Bafflingly, I've just had an email, as follows:
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now closed Question number [ 29670919 ].
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr Coules,
*INTERNAL*
Closed as no cease raised.
Kind regards,

Baffling, because I raised no Question...
Bert
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bert,
The ellacoyas are what we use to shape the different forms of traffic that pass over our network, and to make sure that for example when the network is busy that your web pages are still delivered quickly.
The ticket email is because when an account comes out of failed billing it may be that the system has placed an automatic cease so we need to check and cancel that if necessary. That's why it was closed off with "No cease raised" Smiley
Hope that helps,
BertCoules
Grafter

It does indeed help, thanks.
Bert