cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck profile

hounddog

Stuck profile

Hi, I'm writing here in the hope that it might catch the eye of one of you Plusnet lads and get some attention. Briefly, BT updated my line to Fibre on Tuesday 2nd Oct. Confirmed 40 Mb download and 9 up. However download is stuck at 1.9 Mb. This morning I spoke to two assistants (on the same phone call) and understood that my account would be updated at once and, from what was said, thought that it was going to take about half an hour.  Sadly that was not the case.  I have just left a question on the webpage but was horrified to be informed that there was a 25hour delay in getting an answer. Hence this post.  Any help would be appreciated.
Roy Sad
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Stuck profile

Hi Roy,
I'm really sorry about this. It looks like the product change hasn't gone through even though the Fibre Order has. I'll get this changed over tomorrow as it should be a simple product change over.
Try and reboot your router now and check to see for an improvement as I've changed the profile we use on our internal systems as high as it will go until we get this shifted over for you.
Please accept my apologies.
P.S - I'm back in tomorrow morning at 9am so I'll straight back on it for you.
hounddog

Hi Chris,
Many thanks. I have done as you suggested and download has jumped to about 19Mb ie tenfold increase. I am hoping for better in the long run but am very grateful to you for your action tonight.
Cheers,  Roy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Roy,
That's great, don't worry, the 19Mb is just temporary until tomorrow when the right people are in that I can speak to.
I'm glad I could help (partially) Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Roy,
If you reboot your router, you should be all sorted now Smiley
hounddog

Hi Chris,
Have just rebooted and then checked my speeds.  Download 36.4Mb;  upload 8Mb.  I didn't know that it needed another reboot. If you hadn't told me I would still be complaining as it was still 19Mb before. Anyway, thanks again for your help and advice. I am so relieved to see a speed in the thirties.
Cheers,  Roy
PS give all the other lads involved a 'thank you' from me!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Roy,
Not a problem at all, glad we managed to get that sorted. I've give the other guys a pat on the back Smiley
Enjoy your new Fibre Speeds!