cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck profile?

Denzil
Grafter

Stuck profile?

Stuck at 128kbps again Sad There have been no disconnections for about a week and a half. The router was synching at 576kbps for a few days, and 1024kbps for the last two. Surely BT's equipment should have responded by now? Before anyone asks, the BT speedtest has never worked, so I can't tell what he profile is.
Current stats: down - attenuation 61dB, margin 12dB
                    up - attenuation 15.5dB, margin 15.5 (no problem there, getting ~380kbps)
8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Stuck profile?

Haven't gone over your download limit have you? 128kbps sounds a bit like that, but whilst you're in the Member centre, see what PN thinks your Profile is.
Denzil
Grafter

Nope, plenty left. The Member Centre profile will only show a minimum of 500, even it is actually lower. Anyway, the speed has just gone up to 476kbps, so maybe BT's equipment has finally woken up.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What time of day did you last re-sync? Might be worth trying around 7 to 8 in the morning, that sync speed seems somewhat low for your line. Also check you can't hear any noise/cracking on the phone.
Denzil
Grafter

Hmm, Friday at just after 5pm, so perhaps not ideal from a traffic point of view Smiley The phone seems fine. Will see what happens.
Denzil
Grafter

Argh, not again Sad I went out to do some shopping, and when I came back the router was syncing at 160kbps again, after a disconnection at 15:52. That's one single resync in a week. Many of the resyncs I have seen over the last few weeks seem to happen at ten to the hour in the early afternoon, which suggests some kind of timed interference - perhaps the neighbours' heating or something. I shall look into that, but even so, I thought it would only drop that much if it was resyncing a number of times a day?
rsnooks
Grafter

Quote from: Denzil
Stuck at 128kbps again Sad There have been no disconnections for about a week and a half. The router was synching at 576kbps for a few days, and 1024kbps for the last two. Surely BT's equipment should have responded by now? Before anyone asks, the BT speedtest has never worked, so I can't tell what he profile is.
Current stats: down - attenuation 61dB, margin 12dB
                     up - attenuation 15.5dB, margin 15.5 (no problem there, getting ~380kbps)

Hey Denzil,
I remember you havnig this problem last month (same as me).
What a suprise that BOTH of us are getting this same problem once again at the same time.
Where abouts are you located? (if you dont mind me asking).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

His profile says
Wild West of Cornwall
Denzil
Grafter

Indeed, Camborne exchange. No 1 suspect at the moment for the resyncs is my neighbours' recently installed fluorescent lights, one of which is flickering, apparently.