cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Broadband Setup on first day of install

rklrkl

Stuck on Broadband Setup on first day of install

From what I can tell, you should have to wait about 15 minutes before your fibre setup starts fully talking to the Net (i.e. beyond the plus.net network). Well, it's been about 2.5 hours since my install and any non-plus.net site keeps taking me back to the Broadband Setup page and I've lost count of how many times I've put my username and password into that page to no avail.
I just raised a support question with Plusnet obviously, but with 18 hours avg response tiime, I was wondering if anyone else reading this had similar problems when they first got Plusnet fibre and how it was resolved for them - I might be able to get my connection fully working a bit more quickly if I'm lucky.
BTW, am I the only one to notice that the Plusnet Assist .exe that they plug throughout the site that might help with my issue is - very perplexingly - *not* hosted on any plus,net domain, so I can't actually download it. Duh! Never mind that Google Analytics and other third-party inline requests are killing my surfing around plus.net pages in my predicament 😞
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Stuck on Broadband Setup on first day of install

Just looking at this now and I can see on the ticket you mentioned
If I put the username and password in (and I\'m logged into the Plusnet members area right now with the exact same user/pass)

That could be a problem as the username for the connection details requires a suffix (of @plusdsl.net in your case)
Did you enter that when prompted? I suspect this might be the issue as I can't see any failed connection attempts logged against your account.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rklrkl

Thanks for checkng, Adam. In fact, the Broadband Setup page hosted on plus.net does put a hard-coded e-mail suffix in the form, so I only typed the username bit.
I decided to power cycle the modem, router and PC I was using in that order, with 10 mins between each,. I then had a close look at the router config and it had changed in the broadband connection section,. Whereas before it had my username and password and the "remember password" unticked, it now had a completely different username and password and the remember password ticked on!
After wondering why there wasn't an Edit button or link to change the username/password, I tried the Disconnect button and then I could edit in my username and password and make sure remember was ticked on. Once I'd done all that and re-connected, then - bang - I was auth'ed for non-plus.net and Googling merrily away.
54 Mbytes/sec download is ace, but 3.73 Mbytes/sec upload seems a bit low to me,. Still, it's waaay faster than my old non-fibre connection, so I'm pretty happy.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to hear that sorted it and thanks for the feedback to, we will take that onboard.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team