cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Profile - Again - No ticket update for 24 hours+

wsm14

Stuck Profile - Again - No ticket update for 24 hours+

Hi Guys,
Could someone check out ticket: 24433292 please.
I've yet again got landed with a stuck IP Profile, meaning I have had 500k IP Profile for 3 days now. Can someone please check it out.
Cheers dudes!
15 REPLIES 15
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Stuck Profile - Again - No ticket update for 24 hours+

As the moment, your ticket will remain as is.
As part of a drive to understand speed faults better, we have a small but dedicated team setup to deal with speed related issues.
It has been our experience that we are poor at handling this type of fault, and our customers have told us so. We have been doing things like raising faults to BT when we clearly had not investigated the matter locally. This may have been because the customer had gone over usage, or tests showed it was the customers equipment at fault.
As such, turn around on this type of fault is low of a weekend.
Because of the low numbers of faults that actually have to go to BT regarding speeds, it will be picked up relatively quickly on Monday.
On investigation of your specific fault though, it would appear BT have ignored our request and have initiated a 10 day max recalculation on your service, which is quite pointless and will only delay resolution to your fault. Unfortunately, now this has started, it cannot be reverted, as it discards all back data for the purpose of calculation.
puddy
Grafter

I have the same problem my speeds and sync speed have gone south over the last 30 days.  Sync was rock solid since april 07 at 8128mg because my exchange is across the road from me.
You asked BT to set my snr to 9db and keep it their nothings been done about that yet.
At 3am most mornings I could get between 7mg even 8mg but todays down to 3583mg which is very very low for me (BT speedtest)
BT came out and found no fault with my equipment and did a full reset BT asked me to call F9 and do a full reset at their end but F9 never actioned it
The exchange is green so no problem their
Not sure what to do now the problem not
a. My equipment
b.BT Equipment
c. BT exchange
Its only F9 equipment that could becausing the problem now
puddy
(account=jillweekes)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Jill check your Gateway, one of them is out of balance, see status on member centre Kiss
prichardson
Grafter

Puddy, what profile do you see on the BT Speedtest?
If this is reduced, then it's categorically not Force9/PlusNet equipment, and frankly, that is the end of that avenue of investigation.
The profile is a property based on sync speed and line stability. Stability is a property on noise fluctuations and A & B end equipment (exchange and customer side). Sync speed is a property of the line.
Sync speed on PlusNet differs in no way than sync speed from any other provider on IPStream products. Think of it this way, it's the same physical line, same physical exchange and same physical line card in the exchange.
PlusNet only becomes involved in the connection well after synchronisation has taken place. We handle aspects of the PPP layer and throughput only.
As such, a low profile can only be caused by a, b & c you listed in your post, provided you include the physical line externally in point b.
puddy
Grafter

BT told me to call Plusnet to do a full reset your end and this as still not been done why?
The request you placed with BT to lower the snr to 9db and keep it there still not been done in fact it’s gone up to 15db.
BT said the line to the exchange which is only 250 feet long and has no noise problems, he stated the line was a perfect setup i.e. being across the road from the exchange
So he ruled out a problem between my internal wiring and BT master socket (BT installed all the internal wiring) the adsl line has no other phones fax sky box diggy box alarm connected (house has 2 incoming lines)  and the BT master socket to the BT exchange works perfectly
The router works fine and no filters fitted so that rules out iffy filter which can cause problems
He ruled out the problem from me to the exchange and cabling being so new so no problem there.
No overhead poles but he even checked to see if the rain had got in underground and its all bone dry.
Their plenty spare capacity at the exchange so no problem their either
and plus net will not do a full reset at their end as requested by BT why?
Something gone wrong for the sync to drop from a rock steady 8128 (since April 07)rate to 7616 (march 08) and speeds dropped to just under 3500mg on a line getting up to the dizzy speeds of 7.5mg to 8mg very early mornings before march 08
The BT man was here 3 hours checking and rechecking and he confirmed its nothing to do with my internal wiring to master socket, BT master socket to the exchange
If your saying the exchange to F9 connection is a problem can you please report it to BT
What’s next ?
Can plusnet restart the 10 day training off again to see if that helps me or do a full fault investigation again to see if we missed anything out last time?

Puddy
(account=jillweekes)
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

One point... Neither PN or BT can fix the target SNR at a particular value as the exchange will automatically decide what the best setting is - that is how BT's ADSL implementation works. All PN can do is request it is reduced to a set figure (12dB,9dB,6dB) and from that point it is out of anyones control what happens to it. So the exchange can decide based on info it has that 9dB is not good enough so will change it to 12 or 15.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: puddy
the adsl line has no other phones fax sky box diggy box alarm connected (house has 2 incoming lines)  and the BT master socket to the BT exchange works perfectly
The router works fine and no filters fitted so that rules out iffy filter which can cause problems

So how does the router connect to the BT socket without a filter to provide an RJ11 socket?
And is it not recommended to have a filter anyway, even if there's no phone at all, to properly terminate the line?
I'd put a filter in place before doing anything else, but maybe someone at PN knows better?
puddy
Grafter

Belkin sell cables with a BT plug at 1 end and no you don’t need filter if there’s no other equipment on the line (BT confirmed this)
My snr was too high and 9db should be the correct setting
I still don't see why since April 07 I had a rock solid connection and a sync rate of 8128 and download speeds of 7.5mg - 8.0mg
BT checked everything out at my house and their equipment are we now to believe plus net have no control in the process at all if so how do they slow down speeds if you have gone over your download allowance?
I am sorry but I do not believe plusnet anymore especially since they messed up my web page and they kept telling me they knew better than me.  It took 3 months of blaming me before they admitted it was a plusnet reporting error and I had not received 1000's hits in 1 hour and they kept taking my web page offline in error they did this over 10 times
Puddy
paulby
Grafter

@puddy
A sync rate of 7616 down from 8128 would suggest that interleaving has been turned on (it can be turned on automatically if the exchange thinks there's a fault but is also the default setting for new PN connections).  7616 is normally the maximum your line will sync at with interleaving on.
You can request that it be turned off again here and see how things go.  With interleaving off you should sync at 8128 again.  If your line is as good as you say it is then there shouldn't be any instability problems with it turned off (but it can be turned back on if there are).
puddy
Grafter

thanks for the tip paul  I will turn it off when the page allows me too.

Portal Website temporarily unavailable
The PlusNet website is temporarily unavailable whilst we perform essential maintenance.
puddy
James
Grafter

Hi Puddy,
I've just raised a ticket on your account telling you that I've placed an order to remove interleaving from your line.
puddy
Grafter

Thanks James
any news about lowering my snr db to 9db and keeping it at that level I know you put the request in last week with BT
Puddy
account=jillweekes
James
Grafter

Hi Puddy,
If you do sync at the full 8128Kbps once interleaving has been taken off then I don't really see the value in doing so.
However, the request is still open within BT, although this has been done before and the target SNR then increased again.
puddy
Grafter

I was told before that Plusnet had put in the request for 9db and told BT to keep it that level
I get your point though
Puddy
account=jillweekes
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules ]