Did you mean: 

Stuck Profile......AGAIN.

dennisb66
Grafter

Stuck Profile......AGAIN.

Once again my profile appears to be stuck Huh
BT Speed test......
Download speed achieved during the test was - 99 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :224 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
Can I please have my profile back to 2500Kbps 
Thank you
Dennis
22 REPLIES 22
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Stuck Profile......AGAIN.

Your profile isn't stuck, it's at the right value for your connection speed:
Your DSL Connection Rate :224 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM)

Until that increases your profile won't improve.
Are you in the master or test socket? Do you get any noise on the phone? Are you using any extension leads/sockets?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dennisb66
Grafter

Yes in master socket as always,no noise on line ,no new connections fitted,no extensions leads or sockets.When your faults team have failed to solve the problem Joanne has always rectified in no time,as she did on 22nd june 11,and beore christmas.
dennisb66
Grafter

My previous connection speed was just below 3000Kpbs.
Apprentice
Grafter

Could you post your line stats, looks like an event has lowered the rate at which the router is now in sync with the exchange.
You can switch the router off for 20 minutes and then power it back up between 2.00pm and 3.00pm to get a better sync rate, then do another BT speedtest to check the IP profile.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dennisb66,
It looks like a low sync rate on the 26th (160k recorded downstream synch) has caused your line profile to drop accordingly, and it hasn't bumped up since unfortunately. If you resync the connection it may uplift but that depends on your line stats as apprentice has requested above.
Unfortunately until the profile on BTs side updates any changes we make on our side will make no difference, if it doesn't uplift after a resync (please do this via the buttons on the router's interface rather than by unplugging or turning off the router) then I'd suggest raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get looking into it.
dennisb66
Grafter

Hi,have just got home and read replies,sorry to be such a jerk but how do i get line stats from my thomson TG585v7 router. Embarrassed
matt_2k34
Grafter

This Thread shows you the URL required, and also links to a site which can help you through the process.
I cant give you the 'breadcrumb' trail because i do not use one (and havent for many months) Sorry! (a more Thomson-orientated customer/staff member may be able to help)

Regards
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

This is the direct link to display the complete stats. You will need to enter router login details, username admin, and password the serial number of the router CP... using capital letters (but those could be different if your v7 is and older one) .
David
dennisb66
Grafter

Is this the line stats you require..

DSL Connection

Link Information

Uptime:
8 days, 5:07:47

DSL Type:
G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:
448 / 224

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:
0.00 / 0.00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:
12.0 / 14.5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:
31.5 / 59.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:
16.0 / 30.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote):
TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
6 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
11 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote):

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):
36 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):
82 / 11,991

CRC Errors (Up/Down):
82 / 256

HEC Errors (Up/Down):
64 / 202

dennisb66
Grafter

Oops,don't know why it's so spread out. Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

As Matt alluded to your last re-sync occurred at a time when line noise was very high and resulted in your sync speed being extremely low. You need to restart the router to correct this.
To do this, login to the router (http://192.168.1.254) and go to the Thomson Gateway main page (click on that heading in the navigation menu on the left). Below the information on the page you should see Pick a task … and a list of tasks you can select.
Click on the one that says Restart my Thomson Gateway.
I think you will be prompted to confirm you really do want to do that - confirm that you do. The progress strip will slowly move along; eventually your router will restart and re-sync with the exchange. This takes 1-2 minutes. Eventually your connection should be restored - but note that might be after the process says finished.
If the process concludes with "disconnected" shown, click on the "Connect" button to restore the connection to Plusnet.
You should find your sync speed (bandwidth) has increased significantly. However speedtests will show *no* difference for 2-3 days until your IP Profile has automatically increased and been passed on to Plusnet.
It would be helpful to post your new router stats. To avoid huge spacing drag the mouse over the text from Uptime to HEC Errors (omit the page headings), right click in the highlighted area and select Copy. Then Paste into your post.
David
dennisb66
Grafter

Thanks Spraxyt, ,    

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:
448 / 2,944
Quote from: spraxyt
It would be helpful to post your new router stats. To avoid huge spacing drag the mouse over the text from Uptime to HEC Errors (omit the page headings), right click in the highlighted area and select Copy. Then Paste into your post

As you say the sync speed has now increased.I followed your paragraph above but it still pasted in spread format so I have just posted the  bandwidth.
Thanks again will check speed in 2/3 days time
dick:green Quote tags added for clarity.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update, hope it all goes okay - let us know if not.
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: dennisb66
Hi,have just got home and read replies,sorry to be such a jerk but how do i get line stats from my thomson TG585v7 router. Embarrassed

Had you clicked on the line stats link in my post it would have pointed you in the right direction  Wink
Good to see your connection is improving.