Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Plusnet Broadband Profile.

Mangoletsi
Grafter

Stuck Plusnet Broadband Profile.

Howdy,
I was upgraded to 21cn at 4am this morning, snr stable sync'd at 16.9Mb, and BT had already set the IP profile to 14.9Mb as seen in the attached screen print.
There was only 1 disconnect after about 3 hours, when it sync'd at a slightly higher rate. I waited about 6 hours, but the Plusnet profile did not update and seemed to be stuck at 7.15Mb.
This seems to be a well documented problem with a quote;
"Plusnet have had a problem ongoing for many months which means users will not be getting the speeds they should be getting. What is happening is that when BT set a new IP Profile, Plusnet's systems may fail to reflect the change. For some reason it seems this seems for prevalent when speeds rise than when they fall (or maybe it's just more often reported)."

With this known issue, I followed what was advised in the topic and raised the issue via a ticket.
"Hello,
My broadband connection was upgraded 6 hours ago to 21cn, and my sync speed has more then doubled.
The BT speedtester knows I've been upgraded and had assigned the new bras 14.9Mb profile, but the plus.net profile seems to be stuck on 7.15Mb after 6 hours of connection."

and this is the response I had from the plusnet rep who has not done anything.
Thanks for getting in touch.
I have checked on our suppliers system and they are showing no set IP profile at this stage. This is because you have only just been upgraded to ADSL2+. When you are upgraded, the line undergoes a 10 day training period where the line finds stability and assigns the best IP profile.
During the 10 days, your line may become unstable or your speeds may fluctuate, this is normal, however at the end of the 10 days your speed will be in line with the fastest that it can handle on the ADSL2+ network.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,
J*** H***

BT had already set the BRAS Profile and it was visible to me via the bt speedtester at 6am which I mentioned in my ticket. So does this mean I have to wait 10 days before Plusnet will fix the stuck line profile?

Could a Plusnet rep only answer this please

Angry
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Stuck Plusnet Broadband Profile.

I think the response from the agent is most likely correct. Though you see an IP profile, the admin side that notifies Plusnet has yet to pick it up and communicate it.
It might rectify itself overnight though a staff member should be around tomorrow to take a look.
David
Mangoletsi
Grafter

It has not rectified itself after 24 hours, so I've rebooted the router just incase. It has made no difference as the plus.net profile is still on 7.15Mb.

This is a quote from a plus.net rep about this fault on another forum;
"The BRAS and the MSAN both hold a line profile, and both are based in the exchange. I've seen speed test results that don't tally with the profile seen reported in WCR, so I know that those bits of kit are (or can be) independent. The only bit I'm unsure of there is which kit reports to which system.
There's also the fact that the diagnostic systems we have access to allow us to run a consistency check test that reports on the profiles on the BRAS and MSAN, and will advise if a mismatch is found.
Those things I do know for definite 

Regards,
M****** T*****
Plusnet Customer Support"

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It used to take about 48 hours before an initial profile was set on BT's systems.  Whether that's still the case with recent changes to DLM I'm not sure.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mangoletsi,
I have checked on our suppliers system and they are showing that your IP profile has now been set to match your max sync speeds, I have also updated our profile.
So running another speed test should now hopefully give you your updated speeds.You will have a training period for the first ten days say you may see your speeds fluctuate.
I hope this resolves it for you, let me know if there's anything else.
Chris

Mangoletsi
Grafter

Thank You !
All working properly now.
Cheesy