cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stubborn profile.

kmilburn
Grafter

Stubborn profile.

About a month ago I was tinkering with my phone setup,  (bell wire, etc) and things didn't change much.
However,  over the last month,  my connection speed has been increasing along with the noise margin decreasing.
Before I tinkered I was getting a connection speed of approx  3468 Kbps with an SNR of 8dB,  and a  'current line speed' of 2500Kbps.
Today,  I'm up to 5088 Kbps, with an SNR of 9dB, but my 'current line speed' is still 2500Kbps.
Will PlusNet systems eventually catch up or does the system need prodding before it pays attention to my profile changing for the first time in since ADSL Max was enabled?
According to BT's speedtester,  from today
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2235 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5088 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3500 Kbps

About a week ago, IIRC, the connection rate was ~4400Kbps with an IP profile of 3000.

4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Stubborn profile.

Hiya,
I've just changed your profile to 3500Kbps.
kmilburn
Grafter

That's a bit  more like it...  Grin  According to mybroadbandspeed, before rebooting the router 2288 kbps,  after 3274 kbps
Thanks for the prompt action James,  greatly appreciated.
Here's hoping I can wring a bit more from the line.  Wink
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It seems that 'stuck' PN profiles can be an issue.
I'm surprised that James has time to unstick all of these with all the other excellent help he seems to be giving all over the forums.
@ James:
Would it not be possible to monitor the BT line rate automatically and then adjust the PN rate to match, I think this kind of thing can even be computerised nowadays Crazy.  If the profile machine is clockwork then I'd suggest a small squirt of WD40 to save you having to kick the box every time it sticks. Grin
I had a stuck profile a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately it was followed by random disconnects and now I'm stuck on BT's wonderful 'banded' profile as my connection has refused to stay up for 3 days in a row, I don't suppose you have access to BT's rotten banding machine (that really needs a kick).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
James
Grafter

Generally the profile does update automatically (normally within 12 hours of the BT one changing.