cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to connect to login servers for FB/and Games after Frimware update

Corpsecutter

Struggling to connect to login servers for FB/and Games after Frimware update

The firmware was updated on Friday morning at 4am for my Technicolor TG582n FTTC
Before it was updated,  i had never had cause to complain about connection or speed or service. it, quite literally for me, was PERFECT.
so this wonderful firmware update strolls in and decides,
no you can't connect to your sons favourite games login servers, nope... no... i said NO!.... ok then this time... but let that be a warning to you... rinse repeat
What i mean is it takes 3-7 attempts to connect then when it finally does... its fine 'til you disconnect.
i've found that its doing this to :-
FB
Redbubble
All game login connections (STO, Rift, Battlefront)
youtube
there were a few setting i had notice had changed when i logged onto the router. i turned on game-mode i seem to remember that was on before.
but after that i'm at a loss as i'm not  "in the know" with routers.
i've been watching the forums and see if some people have the same issue. i have followed the DNS change advice. but that didn't work its still the same.
so if anyone can help at all... that would be fantastic.. cus i'm stuck...
Thank you
Terry.
5 REPLIES 5
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Struggling to connect to login servers for FB/and Games after Frimware update

Hello Corpesecutter,
Its possible that you are experiencing a  recent problem with DNS and a specific model of router, the Plus Net supplied Technicolour TG582n. Followoing a recent change to the router firmware some PN customers  are having probelms loading specific web sites. I started to experience problems after my router was upgarded on Friday, as did many other customers . Its possible that PN help staff have yet to be made aware of the problem  which is why you have not been given a satisfactory answer 
If you are affected then I  gather plus Net can remotely solve the problem -
Navigate to here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148555.0.html  and ask if Bob Pullen , a PN Staff member can help to fix the issue remotely.
Good luck .
Corpsecutter

Re: Struggling to connect to login servers for FB/and Games after Frimware update

thank you,
like i said i'm not very good at this stuff... i am tech savvy, i just don't know Enough about routers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've flagged this up to get fixed for you, when I hear back I'll let you know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Should be sorted now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Corpsecutter

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
seems to be fixed.. thank you very much Cool Bob Cool Chris
Terry.