cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strict nat

boatman1961
Dabbler

Strict nat

Ok was talking to help and support they told me they'll send me a link to change the NAT type how do I find the link does anybody know
15 REPLIES 15
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Strict nat

Hi boatman1961,
I've taken a quick look on your account for you and can see that the agent you spoke with provided you with the link via a support ticket here which should have also emailed a copy to the email address you have on your account. In order to make this a little easier you can also find the link here to set up port forwarding on your router to allow traffric to flow freely on the required ports to the devices on your internal network which should remove the strict NAT you're seeing.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Adam
In order to make this a little easier you can also find the link here to set up port forwarding on your router to allow traffric to flow freely on the required ports to the devices on your internal network which should remove the strict NAT you're seeing.

Those telnet commands are nolonger needed with recent firmware.
In the TG582n routers GUI there's a setting called "game mode" which does the same thing.
For game mode to do it's job the PS / xbox needs to be on a dynamic LAN IP address not a static LAN IP.
In the router settings, UPnP needs to be enabled and it helps to tick "always use the same IP address" in the network settings for the attached device.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the keen eye npr,
I'll raise this internally and see if we can get the page in question updated to reflect the firmware version and see about updating with a second section to cover the method you mention.
boatman1961
Dabbler

Thanks put game mode on still strict is this one for ps4 thanks
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

This report suggest the ps4 may have some problems with upnp.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/08/possible-ps4-firmware-upnp-bug-and-workaround/
Can you try running the "Internet Connect Test" as suggested in the above web page.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I get a strict nat for Destiny on PS4 even though UPNP is enabled and it states nat 2 in network tests, i tried game mode on the TG582n and the work around suggested in the link and mad no difference still get a strict nat
I have manually put in TCP & UDP port ranges required for destiny to see if that makes any difference but i doubt it.         
ghos7em1
Grafter

never use gamemode ive found it causes latency problems and slow search,disable upnp extended security,cone every udp port for your game and disable ids using telnet.if ur using a console then use dmz.
boatman1961
Dabbler

Done all the port forwarding and stuffstill got strict NAT :'(I have noticed that the primary DSN has got numbers in it but the secondary DSN is all zeros is this normal thanks ( on the ps4)
Duckman60
Dabbler

Hi I have just sighted up to plus net and got a stricked bar when I logged on to destiny, looked at my IP address on the ps4 the. Loges I. To the router went to firewall and in there there is a section for assign a device to dmz so clicked on that and put in my ps4's ip and it worked so give it ago
boatman1961
Dabbler

God I love you weeks I've been trying to get open nat now I have now how do I get rid of lag good old duckman60
boatman1961
Dabbler

Oh crap now iv got an open nat on the game iv got nat type failed on the connection status and test Internet connection
Don't know about doing me proud more like doing my head in anybody help. Should I lower the firewall settings in the router
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Boatman,
If you add the PS4 into the DMZ within the router set up pages you should be removing all incoming and outgoing blocks for the device that has the IP address you input.
From personal experience, Destiny has been a bit of a difficult one when it's come to NAT types. My set up sounds exactly the same as yours (aside from the console being an Xbox One) and I haven't had any issues both with the NAT type in the console, or the NAT type in Destiny with the console in the DMZ.
One of the people I play the game with regularly has the same router along with the same set up in the DMZ yet he has seen the NAT type move to strict within the game on quite a few occasions.
I also tested the set up over in this thread without any configuration of the router and everything seemed to work fine. It may be worth taking a look through that thread as some users have been seeing this issue resolve since an update was released.

Updated link to Destiny thread
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Adam - link to thread missing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for spotting this one Kevin  Cheesy