cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming via wifi from android tablet to TV connected to router by LAN cable

manchestermike

Streaming via wifi from android tablet to TV connected to router by LAN cable

I've just bought a Nexus7 tablet computer, which runs Android 4.2.1, and I want to stream media from it via wi-fi to my LG digital TV (32LD490, bought June 2011), which is connected with a LAN cable to my Thomson TG585 v8 router running software version 8.2.7.8. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried simply plugging the Nexus into the TV USB port but it did not recognize that it was connected, even though it was playing a downloaded film. I've tried downloading various apps from the Google Play store; including the LG TV Remote 2011 version, which seems to only want to search for a wifi connection between the two. In which case, would I be better off just buying the LG wifi dongle and using that? Undecided
1 REPLY 1
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Streaming via wifi from android tablet to TV connected to router by LAN cable

you need to install something like media house to act add a media dnla server which you should be able to see on your dnla TV . the USB port on the nexus doesn't provide TV out. all item need to be on the same IP range