cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange connection problems.

CobaltKris
Dabbler

Strange connection problems.

This is a difficult one to describe but recently I've been experiencing strange connection issues while playing certain games such as World in Conflict.
Between roughly 20:30-00:30 I can't connect properly to servers as even though my latency is fine the connection keeps temporarily dropping meaning I can experience delays of +10 seconds, not really what I had in mind with broadband gaming.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this or does anyone have any insight as to what is happening?
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Strange connection problems.

What account type are you on?
When you say connection drops do you mean the connection to the gaming server or your whole internet connection?
Have you checked your exchange status: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
CobaltKris
Dabbler

Re: Strange connection problems.

Quote from: jelv
What account type are you on?
When you say connection drops do you mean the connection to the gaming server or your whole internet connection?
Have you checked your exchange status: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Premier 1.
The connection the gaming server, but not entirely, rather I'll temporarily freeze for several seconds but not long enough for me to be kicked, however it doesn't affect everything so while some applications/websites still work fine others are unuseable or take a long time to load.
My exchange status is fine and my speed tests during the period when the connection problems occur are always fine, I also reset my router to make sure there weren't any strange port-triggers happening but again tonight at exactly 20:00 it happened again.