cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior

mouse
Grafter

Strange behavior

I've been having stange speedtest readings for a few days, I do one per day and am getting a long slow constant (520kbps) reading and then a burst that goes from 2,500 up to 22,990 on down load, my upload remains the same at about 350, can anyone tell me whats causing this, its also taking a long time to load or refeash a page.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Strange behavior

a) what speed tester are you using?
b) do you know what your router is showing?  see here for how to get them http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
C) the PN preferred speed tester is http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ sometimes it does through a wobbly, but if you do another straight away that is normally correct
mal0z
Grafter

What antivirus software are you using ?
I changed to Kaspersky a few months ago and I get apparently very fast bursts of speed - whcih stops when I temporarily disable a/s.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've just updated to KIS 2010 and mybroadbandspeed.co.uk is more erratic than on my previous KIS version Roll_eyes
Correction. I've just tried Speedtest.net and it's results are just as stupid. Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mouse
Grafter

According to my router I'm getting 1920/448 and oddly enough I've just changed to Kaspersky as its free with Barclays, I'm thinking I may change back to AVG.
Thanks all.
mal0z
Grafter

Apart from this odd quirk, I like Kaspersky -
it doesn't affect real download speed - in my experience - just the speed testers - But I would be interested in others experience.