cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Connection Problems ...

davidcrofter

Strange Connection Problems ...

hiya folks, I have been a Plusnet customer for about 4 months and have found the service to be very good and reliable up until recently ...
about 3 weeks ago I could't connect to the internet at all, no matter what I did the connection seemed to be dead, I reset the router (which was very hot) and checked all my settings but nothing I did got me connected - next day all was fine.
Now I am finding on some sites, or if I click a link I get a dialogue box popping up saying "Dial Up Connection" and I get the option of connecting to my broadband settings, if I do so it will just dial out and not connect because I am already connected to the internet - it will then select "Work Offline" in internet explorer either that or the connection to that page will be very slow. Now the strange thing is I can have a torrent or a download going in the background and the connection is doing just fine ... does anybody have any idea why my broadband seems to want to try and connect up when I am already connected?Huh
I am using the supplied Plusnet (Thompson) router which is wired to my pc for what it is worth.
2 REPLIES 2
magnetism2772
Grafter

Re: Strange Connection Problems ...

hi david
start up Internet Explorer
on its menu bar , select tools / internet options / connections
make sure option 'never dial a connection ' is selected
try everything again
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Strange Connection Problems ...

Hi David,
I'm quite confident that magnetism2772 has given you some appropriate advice there. If you're still struggling with this it may be a good idea to give support a call on 0845 1400200.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team