cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for internet..

crisbrownley

Still waiting for internet..

I placed my order over a month ago and am still waiting to get connected to broadband..
After waiting two weeks I was told there was no room on the exchange and that a new order would need to be placed which would take another week.
After another week nothing had changed so I rang up and was told no order had been placed and that a new one would be fast tracked but still take 6 days due to bank holiday. The next day I was told there was a fault and that I would get a response Friday. I haven't heard anything since.
I really can't see why this has taken a month and I haven't gotten anywhere. I'm currently paying for line rental on an unused line and have been left waiting far too long.
Hopefully you can help resolve this for me.
Kind regards,
Cris Brownley
My question ID is 89870453 if you'd like to have a look.
11 REPLIES 11
crisbrownley

Re: Still waiting for internet..

I've been notified that the order for the slower speed broadband has only just been placed and I'll get another connection date (my 4th) within the next 24 hours... Not best pleased.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Cris,
Welcome to the forums, sorry to hear of your tale of woe!
Sadly BTOR infrastructure capacity issues hit all ISPs alike and are completely outside their control.  Now BTOR has fixed their issues and ISPs are once again able to place orders against your exchange, hopefully things will go smoothly for you.
I do hope that BTOR (or their subcontractor) attends your appointment on time, without fail.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

crisbrownley

I've had a text informing me I'll now be waiting until September for activation.
I assume my order now needs to be fast tracked. Could someone look into this for me as it seems that most of the time someone forgets to sort things outs and I'm left waiting.
Kind regards,
Cris.
crisbrownley

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look into this soon, the promised 'fast track' has taken a week to sort out.
JTaylor
Grafter

Afternoon Cris
I've looked into this for you and can see that the request to fast track your order has been placed. If it's successful, everything should be sorted by tomorrow.
Our provisioning guys are currently monitoring this for you and will get back to you ASAP.
crisbrownley

Thanks for the reply,
I haven't heard anything today, but I assume I should have internet connected by tonight?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Cris,
Yep. Should be on by midnight tonight at the very latest. Our suppliers have accepted the expedite request so we are just hoping that it's sooner today rather than later.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
crisbrownley

Good news at last, the order tracker says September still, will this still be the place to check if I'm connected?
Cheers, cris.
crisbrownley

Hey,
Don't think my internet's working yet, could someone look into this?
Cheers, Cris.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Chris,
I have just activated your account for you now. You should be able to get on within the next 15 minutes.
Let me know if you have any problems.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
crisbrownley

Thanks very much!