Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still slow after 12 days

leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

Still slow after 12 days

hi jojo and the rest of the staff
im still only getting 2 mb download speeds on the pro service after the 10 day trial even though my snyc my side is the same as my ip profile ( my bras is 7150/sync my side is 8128) so i cant understand why its so slow at the moment. Also my ping in games is fluctuating between 150 and 300 ms even for a game such as warcaft this seems very high. please could you guys take a look and see whats what cos it just dosent feel right at the moment.
i did all the usual checks btw bith wired and wirless and its made no difference. ive even changed the cables on my router to brand new ones and nothing. i own a filtered face plate on my master socket with no problems before. i was hitting close to my max profile speed on 22/12/10 with sky but havent reached above 2 mb since joining you guys.
not a major complaint just hope someone can take a look and see if somethings being held back for some reason. it just seems silly im paying for the top serivice and lowered pings with fast throughput and getting neither atm
thanks in advance
lee
14 REPLIES 14
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Still slow after 12 days

Hi leejonoloughlin,
It seems that the VP at your exchange is at the moment showing red. This I imagine would be the reason for your current reduced speed and high pings during peak time. The report on this can be found by typing your phone number in here
Jojo Smiley
leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

cheers jo
i imagine when bt do eventually get their backsides into gear and fix it it might speed up. its frustrating for you guys when its out of your control and bt are dragging their feet to fix the problem
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey, sorry it wasn't better news. I wish I could do more,
leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

if the problem dosent go away or bt dont seem to fix it , is there the possibility of moving to the lower contended service on max premium plus at an extra cost , as im seeing th upgrade is quite quick . if so how much would that cost if possible( i mean on top of  what i currently pay). it may make a difference being on a different VP as im sure sky was on a different one toyou guys haha.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi leejonoloughlin,
Max premium is £8.00 per month. It has been known to resolve an issue such as yours but its main function is to increase the upload. If you want to go ahead with that I'll sort it out for you though.
Jojo Smiley
leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

im gonna say go ahead and do it for me plz jojo. does this affect my non contract option? and up/downgrades in the future. if not go ahead and do it lower contention is never a bad thing. the service im currently getting is awsome anyways its very reliable so im staying putt with plusnet now Smiley
leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

bump
leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

bump so its not lost
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
bumping is against forum rules and unnecessary as it has the attention of a member of the Digital Care Team.
Bumping of posts
"Bumping" is the act of adding to a thread just to get your topic back to the top of the list in a forum and should not be done.
Users who keep bumping their topics face action that may include the locking of the topic and / or removal of forum access.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi leejonoloughlin,
I have placed an order for max premium. This normally takes 24 hours to complete.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Joanne
Max premium is £8.00 per month.

Actually it's £7.83 following all the VAT shenanigans in the last year or so.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks jelv, there you go then, another plusnet bargain! Wink
leejonoloughlin
Dabbler

thanks jojo appreciated that you have done this so quick. sorry mr moderator for upsetting you. ive got the vital change needed to my account so there wont be a bumping any time soon. i do however like how most moderators dont even bother till its time to tell you off though haha. hence why i dont moderate anymore as the staff can do it for themselves Smiley well thats an observation for you Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI leejonoloughlin,
No worries. I think you'll find that the mods do a lot more than just telling people off though.
Jojo Smiley