cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not connected to ADSL2+ after 2 months

adc42

Still not connected to ADSL2+ after 2 months

Hello,
I hope someone from plusnet reads this post, as I'm having absolutely no help via my ticket (30318967).  I put in a request to join the ADSL2+ trail on Oct 11, just before the new products were introduced.  The ADSL2+ order was submitted on Oct 22, and on Nov 13 a note was added to the ticket stating that my exchange was not 21cn enabled.  My phone line is connected to the Fulham exchange, which definitely is 21cn enabled, but plusnet have the line registered to the West Kensington exchange - which it was - up until the West Kensington exchange was closed by BT in 2008.  I added this information to the ticket, and on 21 Nov a note was added by a CSC analyst confirming what I had said and promising to pass this information on to the correct team.  On Nov 26, I was told an e-mail had been sent to BT asking them to correct their systems, and after that my order would be placed.  Since then my ticket as been back and forth to the provisioning pool, as the exchange information has still not been updated.  Today I find a note from a CSC analyst stating that they had "done relevant checks on your phone line and we see that the exchange you are currently with cannot you to have the 21cn service".  Seems I'm right back where I started.  I feel a little disappointed in the quality of support i'm receiving here - hopeful someone can put this right.
regards,
Andrew Gilbert (username adc42)

8 REPLIES 8
Mand
Grafter

Re: Still not connected to ADSL2+ after 2 months

Hi there,
After checking this out it appears BT Wholesale are still adamant you're connected to the now non-existent West Kensington exchange.  Roll_eyes
I'm seeing what we can do about this now, as just telling them that the exchange is closed doesn't seem to have been that productive.
Mand
Grafter

Righto, I've emailed the relevant person at BT Wholesale, and now just waiting to see what they advise. I'll keep you posted.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Perhaps you should suggest to BT that as he is connected to a none-existent exchange he shouldn't have to pay for his broadband! Tongue
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

It's frustrating, because it's clearly just a case of updating some records at Wholesale, but we have to go through the relevant procedure.
adc42

Thanks for your prompt reply, guess we'll just have to wait for BT to sort their systems out.
cheers,
Andrew
adc42

Hello,
Any update on this issue yet?
cheers,
Andrew
adc42

I've decided to switch to O2 as they reckon I'll get around 16mb,  It's probably still worth plusnet getting this sorted in the long term.  Any potential customers looking for ADSL2 speeds that were also on the old West Kensington exchange are only going to see up to 8mb (at best) available if they enter their phone number on the main page to see what plusnet offer. 
Andrew
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you looked at Be? It's the same network as O2 but they generally have a better reputation: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_4=1&isp_86=1&commit=Compare
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)