Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no internet?

tytm
Grafter

Re: Still no internet?

I've even attached the syslog (from another router) to an above post 😉
Yep, I am getting concentrator not reachable as an error when attempting a manual connect.
The IP I'm using for the router is 192.168.1.254 though. Do you mean the IP given to the router? I don't think it gets that far...
How does one see the raw log output from the TN582n?
schaff
Dabbler

Day 4 - Still no internet. I too don't seem to get as far as being assigned an IP address and can safely say that a router reboot/factory restore (as suggested in my recent ticket response) is not the answer.
Hoping for some sort of update tomorrow.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@schaff,
Are you on FTTC as well?
@both,
You can get to the TG log from the GATEWAY link. Am away from home at the moment so I cannot post the direct link for you.
PADO packet time ours seem to be a bit mysterious - found this thread http://m.geekzone.co.nz/Forums/135/Topic/112834 - not sure what in that context is the ONT; if I had to guess then I'd be suspecting the BT modem.
In the absence of more information and CRT input, if I were in your shoes I would be risking a DLM upset and power off the MODEM for 30 minutes and see if that fixes the issue.  If not it is down to raising a fault here - http://faults.plus.net - in the hope that this condition can be defined / profiled for future use.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

schaff
Dabbler

I too am on FTTC.
I risked the DLM and powered off for an hour. No joy I'm afraid. I also managed to acquire a known working open reach modem. Exactly the same model and that too didn't seem to make any difference.
I've had a further ticket response which basically just said it would be investigated further.
Thanks for the assistance Townman.
schaff
Dabbler

@tytm They have run through the tests again on my ticket, with the same outcome. I'm awaiting response from the support team again. Have you had any luck since Saturday?
tytm
Grafter

I also got a response today saying it is now a fault rather than, I guess, user error?
"The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Thursday 25th September at 8:00am. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Logged Faults - Auth until this time."
This seems quite a while to wait though. I appreciate that there are a number of other (rabid, if the forums are a gauge) customers with connection issues but I was hoping for a bit more information on the specifics of what is actually being done.
I read that other post but they seem to be suggesting that the authentication information is being malformed at source and my understanding is that the modem is fine & the router is fine so its more likely to be that PADO/I packets are being rejected or malformed due to authentication changes (eg password reset) or line/socket corruption/noise? I've surmised this based on five days of research though so I'm not suggesting I know best!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

BT Openreach have a 3 day window for responding/fixing the fault and this time reflects that where it will be picked up again if nothing has happened in the meantime
tytm
Grafter

That would probably have been a better ticket response! That makes more sense, the response I got just seems to be an acknowledgement that I'd completed the debug.
N.b.This is not just affecting my house, there are at least two other people with no connection (BT customers) on my road, there may be more but the third woman I asked said she didn't have the internet at all, so I had to go and have a lie down for a bit as that was so shocking. She didn't even seem to WANT the internet...
elliottrussell
Dabbler

Hi all,
I am in the same situation as tytm and schaff - internet off since Wednesday afternoon.
We have been round the reset/set up/turn off/check password/try new router cycle a few times since Wednesday just like you guys.
Last contact with Plusnet was that they believe the issue must lie with the Open Reach Fibre modem and a BT engineer will visit tomorrow afternoon to try a new modem - a little concerned that a change in modem didnt help you though.
Will keep you all posted and thanks for sharing your experiences so far!
Elliot
tytm
Grafter

I'm not convinced this can be a hardware failure at the user end, unless an outage can corrupt firmware (though I do hope equally that you get it fixed tomorrow). Please do let us know!
@schaff: have you got a BT appt yet?
@all: Are we allowed to update firmware on the modem or is that considered vandalism of BT property?
***edit***
Updated ticket:
"Summary - Line remains in sync with no PPP, circuit previously connected to one of AG gateways, need reboot to move to other gateway.
Next Action - Return to EU."
Can someone translate? Is this saying reboot the router, modem or both?
elliottrussell
Dabbler

@tytm - the logic the latest plusnet support guy gave when saying the problem could be down to a hardware fault at our end was that the "fault team" were able to connect on their tests using our log in details...
A bit "your fault, not ours" which wasn't appreciated on the 9th time of calling them up.
Will feedback to you all after BT Engineer visit tomorrow afternoon
schaff
Dabbler

@tytm No BT appointment booked as yet but I did just receive the follow
"After review I can see that your circuit is still unable to authenticate, this is not a supplier fault at present. There was a network outage on some Plusnet gateways, these should now been resolved so all we require you to do to get back online would be a number of resets on the router until you pick up a different gateway. "
Unless something has changed that they haven't mentioned this is no good to me! I'm be home in 30min to reset my router for the hundredth time. 
@elliotttrussell Welcome! An update tomorrow would be excellent.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@CRT,
Can we have a profile on this problem please?
What does no PADO packets mean?
What does cannot reach concentrator mean?
Is it understood how users progress from being dumped off the gateway (as per last week's issue) to being not able to connect after following the standard procedures?
What is the rectification for this issue?  Is there anything which can be done to more precisely profile this issue so that those who encounter it might be assisted sooner, than has been the case by following a futile diagnosis process?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

schaff
Dabbler

As expected, no luck with the router reboot/factory restore. When directly plugged into the modem I'm still receiving error 651. My ticket is now reads "answered by support team". This clearly isn't the case.
tytm
Grafter

Similar update; same result.
The router is now dizzy from all the rebooting.