Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting dropouts, still no support from Plusnet

DRF
Dabbler

Still getting dropouts, still no support from Plusnet

Where are you?

Still getting dropouts of broadband and still no contact from Plusnet support team after two weeks.

Dreadfull and disappointing.

14 REPLIES 14
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Still getting dropouts, still no support from Plusnet

Have you been in contact with them yet? Do you have a fault number?

DRF
Dabbler

No, and No.

Absolutley no response to my posting of two weeks ago.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

They don't manage to see all of the posts on this public forum, but if you were to give them a call, of get on chat, of go through the faults guide https://faults.plus.net you will get a response, and uing the guide will help narrow down the problem.

DRF
Dabbler

Thanks for the post Mustrum

I've tried the online fault guide but just get an "Ooops, something went wrong" message, and the phone support had a 45 minute wait.

Being impatient, I posted the fault on the Phone forum and got an immediate reply, and they should be testing my line on Monday.

Thanks again

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear your connection is dropping.

As shown below it is dropping alot. Can you raise this here?

image14754926717063

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see this has also been replied to here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/Noisy-Line/m-p/1373352

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DRF
Dabbler

Matthew,

We've an engineer visiting on Tuesday, but broadband has been pretty stable for the last couple of days.

Any chance you could post an updated graph for the last week, or the engineer will think I'm making it all up!

Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Updated graph below.

image14758377783828

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DRF
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew,  much appreciated.

DRF
Dabbler

Matthew,

Problems are ongoing despite one engineer visit who left declaring the problem 'fixed'. Plusnet rang me on Sunday morning to apologise and another engineer visit has been arranged for this Wednesday.

Our broadband connection is very intermittent, being fine and reliable for a few hours and then constantly disconnecting although I can detect no pattern. I've done all the usual checks - changed ADSL cable, changed router, disconnected phones, with no effect, so I'm convinced the problem is external.

Any chance you could post an updated chart since 7th October as Plusnet have suggested a refund for the downtime plus compensation and I really need to see just how frequently the line has dropped out.

I'm really hoping they can solve the problem, but unless the line is down when they call, I doubt the enginner will find anything wrong. But hey, you never know....

Thanks again for your help.

Chris
Legend

Doesn't look good. I can see the fault is being progressed as a phone fault due to intermittent noise on the line. So the engineer will be there for that, not specifically the broadband.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DRF
Dabbler

Thanks Chris,

One day they will train people to be both Phone enginers AND Broadband engineers.  How am I expected to know what the cause of the problem is and who to ask for?

The phones are noisy so I have assumed it's that which is knocking out the broadband, but I have been wrong about things before....

And I just know the line will be perfect when the engineer visits and we'll be back to square one, again.

Chris
Legend

There are still a couple of disconnections showing but it really is looking a lot more stable since Wednesday afternoon when the engineer came out, how's the noise on the line now?

DRF
Dabbler

Better. Oddly, another engineer unexpectedly turned up on the Thursday, and I suspect the dropout was caused by him testing the line again. We'll keep monitoring the line over the next few days but, fingers crossed, it is a lot more stable. Lets hope it lasts this time.

Thanks for all your help.

We did get a suprise call from a Plusnet rep on Sunday morning (!) who was using the words 'refunds' and 'compensation' for all the disruption, but I haven't heard anything about that since. Wishful thinking ?Huh