cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting abnormally slow peak speeds

fatdeeman
Grafter

Still getting abnormally slow peak speeds

I know, I know that I am over my usage allowance but I am getting speeds well below what they should be even for someone who is being throttled. This all started the other day when there was the profile issue, in the past when I have been over my allowance I have noticed no difference in browsing and was still able to download at a steady 50kbs but now most web pages time out and downloads are going at about 10kbps.
I appreciate that I am supposed to be subject to throttling at the moment but even so these speeds are abnormal so I would appreciate not being told I need to change to a different tariff.
I know I am not the only person who has not seen the peek time speeds recover since the issue a few days ago. I think it's important to note also that my speeds were fine this month even after I began to be throttled and it wasn't until the profile issue that I started getting speeds that were not right even for someone being throttled.
I'm sorry if I sound bitchy but I'm only 98% clueless so I found it a bit insulting to be told the speed was due to my usage when I have never had speeds like this and I've been with you since 2004!
4 REPLIES 4
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Still getting abnormally slow peak speeds

Which package do you have, with what usage limit, and what is your current usage?
Some of the older packages have a number of thresholds where the restrictions get stricter (eg BB Premier).
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
fatdeeman
Grafter

I'm on premier option 1 and I'm on the first level of restrictions but I have even been totally over the 20gb limit once in the past and I could still browse websites perfectly fine compared to now.
I know something isn't normal from past experience from being throttled and even without that I could tell by looking at the tables published from plusnet or purely go by the fact that my browsing was fine even after I exceeded this months limit, it wasn't until the profile fiasco the other day where everyone had issue weather they were being throttled or not.
I've always thought it was a bit cheeky advertising the product as 20gb but having limits come into effect from 13gb onwards but to be fair I normally can't tell the difference for day to day use.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

fatdeeman
Grafter

Everything went back to normal about 8pm last night, even though I was still over my usage allowance, good job I didn't change tariff as advised by plusnet isn't it?