cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still dropping connections after 3 months and 3 Openreach visits!

SteveE
Grafter

Re: Still dropping connections after 3 months and 3 Openreach visits!

Is there anything more I can do to improve things? I've been constantly connected to the test socket for days, with my initial sync reaching 2Mbps once, but more often settling at around 1300 (was only 896 last night). Results from mybroadbandspeed show a D/L averaging about 900K, with some values as low as 450K, highest at 1080K. My Plusnet profile has been set at mostly 1000 or 750K, and the BT query site for my line (i.e. if I wanted to switch) says the maximum rate available is 512K!! My neighbour (same distance from exchange) with Talk Talk gets 2-3Mpbs on average, which is what I believe my line stats should be capable of.
SNR stays between 12 and 15dB, attenuation is 53-55dB. My guess is I'm still getting drops regularly (some I can see when the router speed drops from a higher to a lower value). I'm still convinced that work on the boxes outside (both the cabinet and below ground level) a few months back caused the problem, but none of the 3 engineers had a look at these. I'm now back in the master socket ( a new Openreach one fitted by the last engineer, which apparently has a noise filter built in), but no improvement on stats.
Any suggestions? It's not much fun trying to watch BBC iPlayer on the PS3 with these sort of figures....